08

EIGHT 🧬

EIGHT
🧬

Doyoung woke up abruptly, his eyes quickly scanned the room to see pitch black. "God.." He mumbled to himself, glad that the sun hadn't arrive.

But then he heard sobs.

He rose from the floor, looking around until he saw Taeyong sitting on the bed. He was hugging his knees as he cried.

"Taeyong?" Doyoung said softly to grab Taeyong's attention.

He noticed that Doyoung was awake and immediately wiped his tears, "I am sorry. Did I bother you?" Taeyong asked,

"No, I just.. woke up, I guess." Doyoung replied. He waited for a while to see if Taeyong was going to tell him why he was crying.

"Are you.. okay?" Doyoung asked, sitting up properly from the floor.

"No," Taeyong replied honestly, loosing up a bit when he saw Doyoung awake and ready to listen.

"What's wrong?" Doyoung asked. His hands, subconsciously, was creeping closer to Taeyong's.

"I just had a horrible dream," Taeyong replied, his eyes fell onto Doyoung's hand. "That's all,"

"What was it?" Doyoung asked. He saw Taeyong's fingers laced with his. That was when he felt his hands trembling and it crushed him.

"I saw Johnny.." Taeyong paused, closing his eyes shut to prevent another outburst of tears.

"It's okay, it's okay," Doyoung comforted, inching closer to Taeyong. He probably didn't know but it made Taeyong feel safe.

"The moment was so frantic. We were both yelling at each other. I felt cornered and hunted but I didn't know what I was running from. He told me to stay.. We both exchanged hurtful words," Taeyong said, his voice was shaky and fragile.

Doyoung felt Taeyong's grip tightened, probably a sign he was trying not to cry again.

"And then.. he just let go of me. He was going to cry, I already was. At that moment, I wanted to just run into his arms but I heard a gunshot so I ran. I felt regret when I left him and it was.." Taeyong paused, bursting into tears again.

"Gunshot? Hunted? What on Earth?" Doyoung hadn't much time to think about what was going on because he didn't want Taeyong to cry.

"It's okay." Doyoung comforted, using his thumb to rub Taeyong's hand.

"I want to believe that but I just feel so confused and remembering these moments only make me hurt." Taeyong managed to choke out in between his sobs,