More specifically, The Tyler Problem. I still have not called him like I said, and I've been in Montreal for almost a week. And I know he definitely won't call me – my mother thinks that he sick of "chasing me" which sounds like something out of a romance novel, but she might be right.

So I try sending him a text but I don't receive a response until late that night. I dread opening it because I'm afraid he will be angry but when I open it, I read a simple response.

Tyler: glad to hear you made it to Montreal safe.

I read his message a few times, trying to decipher whether his tone is mad or just neutral and I'm over analyzing it. I'm still staring at it when another text comes through.

Tyler: we miss you.

Me: we?

Tyler: the kids and me.

I laugh when I realize he's talking about his dogs.

Me: I miss you too.

***

February 11

When I was 21 – a year after I declined Jo's offer to go with him to Florida, I was stuck as to what I wanted to do with my life. Despite being younger than me, Jaxon had already decided what he was doing. Right out of high school, he attended university to become a Lawyer. I hopped from place to place for about a year, I spent time with my grandparents and my Aunt and Uncle before deciding to try Fashion Designing and I fell in love. I went to school in Los Angeles and after I finished, I ended up in Dallas. It took a bit, but I started to feel at home in Dallas and when Madilyn followed me and i met Tyler, I felt like I belonged there.

But I'm stuck where I was before now, not feeling like I fit in anywhere. I spend a week at my grandparents before learning that my mom has accepted a job in Quebec City.

"It's kind of last minute but I think it's the right move for us."she tells me, looking at me with uncertainty in her eyes. "and it's close to where Axel wants to apply for school."

I force a smile, "I understand but I don't think I'll be moving with you guys."

She frowns. "You're going to stay here?"

"I don't know where I'm going." I say and she looks upset. I know that she feels like she is obligated to help me figure things out but I also know that what she needs now is a fresh start. After everything with dad, she has to figure out who she's going to be without him.

"Maybe I can come spend a few days with you guys, but Quebec isn't the right place for me." I try to smile. "Plus, my French is too rusty. I wouldn't fit in."

She laughs softly at that. Despite her requests growing up, I couldn't take to learning French like she had as a child living in Montreal.

"If you're sure."

I nod. "I'm sure. I might go see Jo for a bit."

She raises an eyebrow in a disapproving manner. "Is that a good idea?"

I can't help but feel defensive at her insinuations.

"We're friends," I tell her. 

She shrugs, "just be careful, Daisy. One man is enough trouble."

I hold off the urge to scoff because she doesn't have much room to judge. But I keep my mouth shut and finish drinking my coffee before agreeing to help her pack. She has a house rented in the city and it's quite nice but nowhere near as nice as our old house. I can't help but think about where my dad is right now but I quickly try to brush off the thought because I shouldn't care.