The Beginning

Pwint held her baby gingerly in her hands. She held the baby's tiny fingers and laughed as the baby smiled.

"I think I'll name you.. Cherise." She said.

Cherise was small. Her body reached only to pwint's two hands.Her brown eyes shone with curiosity as she stared at her mother's now proudly smiling face.

Sadly, her father could not see this happy moment. Pwint swore to herself never to tell Cherise who her father was, for her sake. You never could tell when your child could suddenly get caught up in some kind of big war. It just wasn't safe.

"If only he could see you now," Pwint sighed. Cherise tilted her head, sending her mother several curious glances, like she was asking the reason behind her mother's actions.

Then, Pwint decided she was going to be the best mother she could possibly be. To make up for the fact that her daughter was never going to see her father. She wanted to be a fun, outgoing mum. Maybe even crazy. Just to make up for the fact that Cherise would never know her father.

She was going to let Cherise live the most normal life possible, to experience a normal childhood. Just thinking of the possibilities of the dangerous life ahead of Cherise, pwint's smile slowly faded.

"If only.. If only I had married a normal man. But his eyes.. That sparkle in his eyes whenever he smiled, I would never forget that. Cherise, your father was a wonderful man." Pwint said, knowing that Cherise did not understand a thing she was saying, and she was grateful for that.

Cherise had dark brown, almost black hair, and beautiful brown eyes. Her hair was a little mop on her head, straight, and fairly messy. She looked like a carbon copy of Pwint, despite her father's genes, which was a huge blessing to Pwint. Better have her look like me than have her resemble him, Pwint thought.

"We'll have a great life together! Just think of all the fun we could have, mother and daughter! We'd do all the cool stuff, and I'd be the cool mum!" Pwint said, thinking of the future. However, she still knew of the possibilities that could happen, and they weren't good.

With that happy note, they left the hospital.

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns the PJO/HoO universe. Not us.