The tall one was still in shock gut the shorter one seemed fine now. "I'm Brandon. That's Dylan. What are you doing here, Mr Captain America. Sir. Soldier. Sir. I'm very sorry..."

"It's alright Brandon, you can call me Steve. Me and my friends here were tracing a signal and it brought us here. What are you doing here? Isn't it passed your bedtime?" Steve questioned the young boy as friendly as he could, not used to working with children.

The young boy nodded. "Yes but when a bloke pays you a whole £20 to play video games all night, it's just an opportunity you can't pass up.

Clint nodded. He frowned in agreement and shrugged, fully understanding. "I get you, Pal. That's a good offer." Natasha elbowed him in the side and he pulled the hair tie on her wrist, causing it to snap against her skin. When one did something, the other retaliated. They were like ex-assassin brother and sister. Like a dangerous Monica and Ross.

"This 'bloke'" quoted them. "Did day how long you had to stay here? Or when he'd be back?"

"Nope. But I'm guessing we have to be out of here by morning. That's when they competition starts." Brandon replied.

"What competition?"Sam asked.

"And can anyone take part?" Clint added, earning a foot stomp from Nat, which in turn netted her a knee behind the knee. "JELLYLEG!" He whisper yelled.

"It's a new thing going on up and down the country. It's an event where all local gamers meet to have competitions. Okay games, crack codes, build software. The best inventors and players are offered apprenticeships with the organisers." Brandon explained.

"And who are the organisers?" Steve inquired.

"SerpentineDevelopment. The creators of-"

"Warfare dungeons! I love that game." Clint answered for Brandon, interrupting his sentence. Clint turned to Nat and said "Remember that game I was playing all of last month that drove you crazy? I was using code to build actual walls that my opponents would destroy with fire."

Then it clicked. Natasha nodded. "Codes for firewalls. Serpentine are using the geniuses up and down the UK to build programmes and codes for them. These gamers taking part in the competitions don't even realise but they've been protecting a dangerous new operation."As Natasha stopped exposing a voice came through comms.

"Yeah uh, maybe you should stop explaining evil plans to the children." It was Maria Hill, and she was right.

They looked back at the children awkwardly and gave them a week smile. "Who wants IronMan to fly them home?" Tony suggested, holding up an Iron finger.

"Me!" Brandon's tall friend that's been so shellshocked the whole time he's been mute jumped to his feat, frantically waving his hand.

Maria directed them to a near by bed and breakfast they'd be staying in called "The Cherry Pip" and paired them up.

Wanda and Maria. Natasha and Clint. Sam and Bucky. Tony And Rhodey. That left Elodie with Steve.

As Steve turned the old fashioned key in the lock and pushed open the creaky wooden door, they spotted the double bed.

"I can take the couch." Steve insisted as soon as they stepped inside.

Elodie looked over at the smallest little grey couch she had ever seen and laughed. She looked back at Steve and then to the couch before her eyes landed on Steve once more. "You wouldn't get one leg on there. I'll take the couch."

"No, please. Let me." Steve wondered over to the tiny two-seater and sat down. He lifted his legs and reclined back only to find his knees bending over the arm of the sofa. He cleared his throat uncomfortably and said "Yeah maybe you're right."

"Yeah maybe." She retorted sarcastically as she went around to help him up. She held her hands out to him and he graciously accepted. His larger hands engulfed her smaller ones as he gently used her as leverage.

"Thank you." He chuckled as he finally got to his feet.

"You're welcome." She said as she looked up into his blue eyes. She blushed realising how close they were and nervously looked down.

"Uh, how about we share the bed?" He offered. Elodie was surprised at how random that was. "I mean, only if you're comfortable with that. You know that I respect you and would never overstep bounds so you're safe with me I-"

"Steve!" She laughed, cutting him off. "I trust you. Relax. I was just surprised you would want to. I know that no matter what you still have those 1940's social concepts stuck with you."

Her chortled and nodded. "Yeah well, I know that times have changed. Men and Women can just be friends now without being married or courting."

"Okay, that sounded like something Thor would say." Elodie laughed.

"What? Courting?" He asked and she nodded. He thought about it for a second before nodding. "Yeah I guess it does doesn't it? Anyway, I don't want you to get a bad back from that awful couch. So if you don't mind, I don't mind."

She shook her head and shrugged. "I don't mind."

They were still in their pyjamas from being woken by Maria and so didn't have to get changed.

"What side-" "What side-" They both said exactly the same thing at the same time. Steve motioned for her to go first she nodded.

"What side do you prefer?" Elodie asked as they stood beside the bed. Steve towered over her being 6'2 and Elodie being 5'5.

"I actually don't have a preference." Steve shrugged.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I've never had to share so..."

"Right." Elodie nodded, suddenly having so many questions. "Well I like the left, if that helps?"

"It does." Steve chuckled, heading over to the right side. "Thanks El."

"No worries." She said as she pulled back the duvet on the left side. She climbed under the sheets and reached for the light switch beside the headboard. She flipped the switch and suddenly they were in darkness.

Steve places his phone on the besides table after setting the alarm. It was currently 8am in England and the completion starts at 1pm so we have enough time to actually get some rest.

They both lay there feeling vulnerable and awkward, until tiredness consumed them and sleep took over their bodies.