† Chp. L †

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'll tell everyone you wear lady knickers." The outlaw threatens, crossing her arms as she slightly grins.

"And leave them wondering as to how you know?" Legolas fires back, raising his head in subtle victory.

Robin huffs, gritting her teeth at the elf's wits.

"Bloody elves." She curses, though louder than intended, and her eyes widen as she realises everyones attention has been focused on her upon interrupting a pondering silence.

"Are... amazing creatures?" Robin continues, verbally stumbling for the right words as she notices the unimpressed expression upon both Gandalf and Aragorn's faces.

Legolas raises an amused brow.

"Guards!" Aragorn calls, and as if leering out of the blue, two armed men step over to Robin and latch onto her arms. She squirms, though their grip is iron tight.

The outlaw's eyes widen, and Aragorn furrows his brows in utter confusion.

"What are you doing?" He questions, sending the guards an irritated glance.

"Escorting her out, as you were about to order my lordship." One of the armoured men replies, rather confused himself. The other guard hesitantly loosens his hold on Robin's arm, and Legolas grips onto her shoulder.

Aragorn briefly closes his eyes, slowly breathing out in annoyance.

"Release her, and muster your men." The heir to Gondor orders, cleary irritated. Both guards are slightly baffled as they step away from Robin, also rather unsettled by the bitter glare they receive from the elf. The outlaw smirks at the two men, raising a brow as she turns and crosses her arms.

"You heard the man, off you go." She beams, rather satisfied by the clear distaste of both guards. Without another word, their heavy footsteps echo throughout the empty hall as they exit through the large doors, leaving behind a lingering silence within the last debate.

"The men have only just fought, you cannot expect another battle so soon." Gandalf argues against Aragorn's command. "What is to come of another great loss?"

"There is still hope for Frodo." The heir remarks. "He needs time and safe passage across the plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that."

"How?" Gimli questions in hesitance.

"Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate." Aragorn informs, turning to face the son of Gloin, apparent steward of Gondor. 

Gimli chokes on his pipe, releasing a cloud of smoke as his eyes widen.

"We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms." Eomer retorts, stepping forward as his hand rests upon the hilt of his sword out of pure instinct.

"Not for ourselves." Aragorn debates, his tone remaining steady against all the interrogation in which he receives. "But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves."

"A diversion." Legolas pipes up like the smart little elf he is.

"Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?" Gimli barks, becoming rather excited by the whole ordeal as he continues to puff on his pipe.