𝔦. 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄

En başından başla

The only good things Marcus could tie to the home were Nikita, and getting out of the dump. Though both things were not particularly surrounded with good or positive circumstances, they still felt like miracles after the things he had been through and seen happening. Nikita had managed to talk Marcus around, both leading him off of the tower and to the school.

Liam, Nikita, and Marcus had spent the taxi ride back to Master Lin mostly in silence and piled into the backseat of the yellow vehicle. The three teenagers had been watching the rain dripping down the windows of the car, whilst a Top 40 radio show played the current hits the nation were hooked on and the driver was not opposed to humming along with. Nikita had sat in the middle seat between both of the younger males in her company, and if Marcus had been a little more trusting of the male sitting beside the opposite door, he would have allowed himself to fall asleep.

The driver and Liam had ended up starting a conversation, only it was in a language Nikita could not be bothered to guess so she could decipher what they were saying, and one Marcus did not understand at all. Instead, the male watched the passing scenery and slumped slightly in his seat, staying still as Nikita gently rested her head against his shoulder. For the first time in a long time, the girl felt nervous—thinking she had lost Marcus for good, thinking she was going to wind up in jail, seeing Marcus on the ledge of a building and now heading off to a school for the deadly arts were all wreaking havoc on her mind and her thoughts.

But, with Marcus beside her, it seemed like no matter what happened it would all be okay.

As the taxi reached its destination and Marcus and Nikita were welcomed into the school, the friend had decided and agreed upon one main thing—King's Dominion was like John Hughes' vision of America, which was then re-imagined by John Carpenter. The hidden away school was dimly lit, giving off a creepier feel than the Monks dressed in long brown cloaks with hoods who often appeared out of nowhere. Marcus and Nikita had been through the induction at the school, having much needed showers and taking pictures for their student ID cards, proceeding to receive the necessary items for all students from the old lady working in the library—who seemed just as excited as Nikita and Marcus about the items, which was amusing given her age and the fact she looked like a naive old granny who would have no clue what each item would or could be used for.

Unfortunately for the teens, seeing as the student body were mostly out or away for the weekend, they were stuck in a temporary room that looked more like a storeroom or janitors closet until a room each would be available. Their current one was dark, dingy, and cluttered... but for the teens who had been on the street recently, it was like staying at a Hilton Hotel. A door, a bed, a roof—it was all a little overwhelming, and upon glancing over at Marcus as he lightly bounced on his own bed to test it, Nikita caught him smiling to himself which instilled relief in her as she saw how content he was.

The male had fallen asleep not much longer after that, his notebook on his chest and pencil still in his hand as he slept away with music playing through the headphones connected to his Walkman—one that was technically Nikita's, as proven by the many stickers covering it, but had been gifted to Marcus when his love for music had been made apparent.

Unfortunately for Nikita, she could not seem to get to sleep, prompting her to place the book she had been reading down and head across the room to where
Marcus was. Carefully taking his book and pen away, Nikita put them in a safe spot before very slowly and very carefully taking his headphones off and pressing the stop button on the Walkman. Picking up the blanket folded up on the end of the bed, Nikita shook it out into the air before letting it gently float down onto Marcus and cover him in warmth. Seeing him sleeping peacefully made her happy, crouching down and gently placing a kiss on his forehead. She hoped he knew how much she loved him, and how much it meant to her that he was there with her... but unfortunately for Nikita, it was that love that would tear them apart in the vicious world of King's Dominion.