Frankenstein's Monster

Start from the beginning

The blond looked directly at the other boy almost out of nowhere, "I have to do something during break today so I guess you're going to have to find something to do without me".

"Oh, okay.. that's fine," Yamaguchi tried not to look too disappointed. It was better not to get too used to canoodling with Tsukki during break, anyway. Tsukki never mentioned he had planned to do anything earlier, though.

Yama shrugged at his thoughts. It was probably something that couldn't be helped.

He pulled out Frankenstein as Tsukki got up to leave. He had already finished reading it but he liked going back to read his favorite parts. The way the characters talked and the style of writing in general was very... floral and almost excessive in a way that he liked. Probably because he was sappy.

His eyes parted from the book for a moment to watch as Tsukishima made his way across the courtyard and towards the more heavily populated area. They tended to avoid that area unless they were people watching.

Tsukki went directly to a group of people.

Strange.

What was he doing? Usually if Tsukki wanted to antagonize someone he was also invited?

Yama squinted at the group as Tsukki started talking.

Who is he talk—

Yamas breath caught in his throat as he saw Amelia in the group of people.

His thoughts stopped for a moment like he was too panicked to even think.

He took a deep breath through his nose.

Why was he talking to her?

Yamaguchi squeezed the book in his hands and watched as the two of them walked out of the courtyard area.

He could just be... apologizing? Yama shook his head. Tsukki wouldn't have bothered doing that.

It was probably nothing.

It was nothing.

And even if it was something...

Wouldn't that be fine too?

It was supposed to be fine.

But...

He loved Tsukki.

And he needed to know.

And he tried to resist.

He knew he shouldn't have.

He tried to resist.

Yamaguchi put his book away, grabbing his bag and slowly walking to where Amelia and Tsukki went.

And he tried to resist.

He looked quietly around a corner of the brick wall of a building to see Tsukki. With Amelia. And he looked. And pressed his knuckles against the hard brick. As Tsukki closed the space between them in a kiss.

And all of the sudden he couldn't feel anything.

He shouldn't have looked.

He shouldn't have.

He should have kept his eyes closed.

He walked off to find somewhere that was anywhere but there, that tangled mess of web tightening itself around his heart.

He really had no reason to be upset.

Tsukki was never his to begin with. They were just friends and that was clear to begin with.