Week One At Hogwarts

Hermione woke up early that morning, trying to avoid the girls in her dormitory, or seemed to just take an immediate disliking to her.

Hermione decided to shake it off, knowing that she would soon make other friends.

Everyone here was like her. There was no way she wouldn't make friends all year long.

It took Hermione a while to get to the Great Hall because she had failed to memorize the way, but she was sure she would remember the way back. Hermione ate her breakfast slowly. More and more people began piling in for breakfast with every bite she took.

Soon Parvati and Lavender entered and they seemed to now be best friends.

Nobody had chosen to sit by Hermione yet and she was quite glad when they did.

"Good morning," she greeted them with a fake smile.

"Morning," answered Lavender.

"So this is where you were?" she asked. "Woke up so early, gave us a fright! Thought you'd gone to the library. Did you?" giggled Parvati. "No, I've been here all morning." "Alone?" asked Lavender. "So you've kept yourself company this whole time?"

Hermione nodded.

"Well, I guess you get used to it," suggested Lavender.

They then got up and skipped to the other side of the table together.

Neville soon found Hermione though so she wouldn't have to stay alone. "I just wrote Gran. I don't think she'll be exactly proud but relieved that I found Trevor," said Neville. Hermione nodded and got up to head to Transfiguration. She headed outside where Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington floated telling every Gryffindor where to go in case they were lost.

"Good to see your in scarlett and gold, Hermione!" he greeted her.

"Thank you, Sir Nicholas. Can you direct me to Herbology? It would be very appreciated," smiled Hermione. 

"Right. It will be right up there," said Nicholas, ripping his head off his neck and using it to point in the direction of Herbology.

Hermione sped off in that direction, eager to finally learn something, but for that day Professor Sprout, Head of Hufflepuff, was just going on and on about how important it was to learn it, how it could help you in both the wizard and Muggle worlds.

Hufflepuffs were usually the best at Herbology, as Professor Sprout had said.

Hermione thought the Gryffindors were lucky to have that class with them that way she could learn something important from them.

By Thursday Hermione decided her favorite classes.

History of Magic was quite interesting though most of the other Gryffindors thought it was the most boring class at Hogwarts, but Hermione was glad they could get such accurate information because the teacher was a ghost who had lived though most of it.

"Can anyone give me the two most basic uses of dragon's blood, discover by our very own, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore?" Professor Binns questioned the class and Hermione's hand shot up. 

This was an easy one!

"It can be used as an oven cleaned and a wound healer!"

"Brilliant, Miss Granger! A point to Gryffindor!"

Hermione had gotten the first points for Gryffindor of the year and she couldn't feel better about herself academically. 

She had also particularly favored Transfiguration.