"Who was that?" Nuthalie curiously asked me.

"Juan." I simply answered. "He's a friend."

"Juan? As in Juan Gómez de Liaño?" she asked again. Nuthalie knew Juan because she's studying in UPD, too.

I nodded, "Yeah. Nangaasar lang 'yun."

"I always see you guys together in school. What's the real score between you and Juan?" Nuthalie asked again. So nosy.

"We're just friends, Nuth." I answered her inquiry, "That guy is in love with my best friend." then I heaved out a deep sigh.

"And you're in love with him." Tristan said as a matter of factly. Didn't know he was listening to us. "Mahirap 'yan, CK!"

"I know!" I agreed with him. The three of us were very close, I didn't need to keep this as secret to them. "I'm actually trying to get rid of this feeling na nga."

"Weh?" Tristan wasn't convinced with my reply. "Then why are you still hanging out with him?"

"Because he's my friend?" I replied. I know I sounded unsure, kahit ako naman kasi pinapaniwala ko pa rin 'yung sarili ko na friends lang kami because I know that friendship is the only thing he could offer to me.

"Tigilan mo na 'yan, CK." Tristan said in a warning tone. "Masasaktan ka lang jan."

"Guard your heart, cousin." Nuthalie added.

Our breakfast date was filled with laughter and life and love advices. I didn't know that these two could give legit advices, lagi nalang kasi kalokohan sinasabi nila sa'kin eh.

"But seriously, CK." Tristan started while we were walking back to his car. "Guard your heart. Remember, Tinkerbell has always been there for Peter but he chose Wendy."

"Oo na," I said to dismiss the topic. Masyado silang worried sa'kin eh, I can handle myself naman. "At the end of the day, si Kassandra at Kassandra ang pipiliin non. Alam ko 'yon guys, wag niyo na ipamukha sa'kin."

"If I were you, I'd give Brent a chance nalang." Nuthalie said, wiggling her brows. She was referring to Brent Paraiso of UST. Nako, palibhasa best friend niya si Brent.

"We already talked about that, Nuth." I replied. "Ayoko talaga kay Brent."

"Hayaan mo na siya, Nuth." Tristan said, starting the engine. "Saan ka namin ihatid, CK?"

"It's still early. Uwi muna tayo." I replied, "Juan and I will meet at 4 pa."

The ride back home was unusually quiet, pero okay rin naman. Nakakapag-isip ako. Mejo kinakabahan kasi ako para mamaya, ano ba kasing pag-uusapan namin?

Is it about us?

Wow. Asa ka naman, Camille Kermina.

I really don't know why I am still hoping. It feels like I'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen. It's clear to me that I would never have a chance with Juan naman, pero eto ako si tanga, umaasa talaga.

But my cousins were right. I should guard my heart well.

"I'll take a nap first." I said as soon as we got home then I headed straight to my room. I need to free my mind.

I was sleeping soundly when I heard my phone ringing, Juan's face was on the screen again. Juan really loves to disturb my sleep, laging tulog ako pag tumatawag siya.

"What?" Annoyance was evident on the tone of my voice.

"You're still sleeping?!" he said on the other line. He sounded annoyed, too. "It's almost 3pm and you're still asleep. Ms. Lopez, 4pm 'yung usapan natin."