01

mackenzie ziegler walked into her third class of the day, world history, already dreading it. her teacher informed the class yesterday that they were starting a project with a partner that they would not be choosing.

mackenzie was the tiniest bit relieved since she had no close friends in this class but mostly annoyed. she'd rather work alone. and knowing her luck...

she could get paired with ashton arbab, who was too desperate and flirty for her liking.

sophia birlem, who failed this class last year and still doesn't pay attention to anything.

or even worse, johnny orlando. the person who she hated most.

they've disliked each other ever since the fourth grade, where he was new to the school and when mackenzie, being the nice person that she was, tried going up to him, he said that he had 'too many friends to keep track of already' and would 'probably forget her name the next day.'

then, in seventh grade, johnny made a bet with one of his friends to see who could get in mackenzie's pants first.

the only thing johnny won was a black eye as soon as kenzie found out.

and to top it all off, just recently, it seemed like johnny had been with every girl in school, which annoyed kenzie even more since she wasn't looking to get an STD.

on the other hand, johnny thought that mackenzie tried too hard to get people's- especially guy's attention, which did work on the desperate ones.

to say the least, they've never and never will be friends.

they try their hardest to avoid each other at all times, only talking when necessary, which usually just ends up in an argument.

so mackenzie was not looking forward to this history project at all.

mackenzie sat down and patiently waited for the teacher to finish blabbing on about the project instructions.

finally, she announced the partners.

"hunter and luna..."

"carson and jacob..."

"ashton and sophia..."

mackenzie snorted at that.

"brandon and ....."

mackenzie dozed off until she heard her name.

"mackenzie and dylan..."

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes! is what went through kenzie's mind.

she couldn't believe her luck.

dylan conrique was smart and nice, and they've known eachother since freshman year, talking every once and a while.

she looked around the room to find dylan until the teacher interrupted her.

"oh that's right! i forgot the conrique's were on vacation for two weeks... looks like i'll have to switch around some peopl- oh! that's perfect! mackenzie and johnny. pair up."

what the fuck?!

mackenzie put two and two together and realized that caden was probably johnny's partner, but since dylan and caden are siblings, they're both gone.

apparently to go on vacation.

bitches. lucky bitches.

mackenzie still couldn't believe her luck. her bad luck.

she literally called it. of course this would happen to her. she wanted to slam her head against a wall- repeatedly.

she'd rather be with ashton OR sophia than johnny.

she sighed as she waited for johnny to come over to her.

she looked around the room at the other pairs, laughing and having fun, probably happy with their partner.

again, bitches. lucky bitches.

as she was surveying the classroom, her eyes landed on the one and only, johnny orlando.

his green eyes started right back at her, smirked, and said, "ziegler. like what you see?"

her face turned to disgust replying, "you wish. now get over here so we can start this stupid project and finish it as soon as possible."

"you can come to me. i'm not your personal butler."

"no. i asked first. now stop yelling at me from the other side of the classroom and being a little bitch."

all of a sudden she felt 22 pairs of eyes staring at her and johnny.

and her teacher staring right at her.

oh shit.

mackenzie just realized she had called johnny a little bitch. no, she yelled it from the other side of the classroom.

god, could this get any more embarrassing?

"mackenzie and johnny. detention. atfer school." the teacher said, burning daggers at mackenzie.

yes, yes it could.

"now everyone, get back to work. mackenzie and johnny, you can work outside in the hallway."

kenzie already knew this wasn't going to end well.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

author's note:

yay! first chapter is doneee. let me know your thoughts! do you guys like short chapters or long chapters?

my other book, crushed, has waaayyy longer chapters than this so i may make the chapters a bit longer for this book since i feel like this one was REALLY short, but i wanted the first chapter to be more of an introduction soo hopefully this is good.

<3