80- first of many

Start from the beginning

He sat in the chair next to me. "Look i know you didnt make the move on Angelina." Hector admitted as he finally looked at me.

"You do?" I was shocked. I thought he would be mad forever.

"Yeah. Ariella said things and now im realizing it." He said as he lit his blunt.

I just nodded. Ariella was helping mend our friendship. It was good to know that she had my best interests.

"I'm sorry i didnt believe you." Hector apologized.

"It's okay." I shake my head. "I mean i know i dont have the best track record when it comes to girls and loyalty. I wouldn't believe myself either if i said I was raped."

"But you were." he said. "And im sorry you had to deal with that trauma alone."

That was a punch in the heart. I really did deal with that alone. All because its not spoken enough about men getting raped. It happens, it happened. It happened to me. And now I know what Ariella went through with her ex Jason. That pains me even more now that i've experienced her pain.

"It hurts to see the one you want want somebody else. I guess thats why i took it out on you. It was easier that way." Hector sighed. "I'm not proud of my actions. I never should've blamed you. You never asked for it,"

"I know." I let out a deep sigh as i started to tear up. "I wish i could have prevented what happened." I choked up.

"Nah homie dont cry." Hector said as he passed me the blunt. "There was nothing you could've done to stop her. You did nothing wrong. You didnt know."

I took a big hit and continued to fight back the tear as i watched the smoke come out. Hector might be one of the few people I could cry around but i still hated showing emotions.

I was emotional over the whole Angelina drama and the fact that the love of my life has moved on. All because i fucked up. Again.

"If it makes you feel better.. i still got hope for you guys." Hector spoke up. It was as if he entered my mind and could see what was running through my head.

I just smiled at him.

"And i still got hope for you, Hector. You're gonna find you a loyal one soon." I said and he smiled.

Ariella's pov

"You failed your drivers test three times?" I laughed as Derek nodded his head in embarrassment.

"I had a racers mindset not a normal drivers mindset." He shrugged.

I just rolled my eyes. "I got both." I bragged playfully as he just smiled.

He took me to a nice restaurant and dressed very nicely for it. I appreciated how serious he took this date.

"So not only are you a racer but you are also a cheerleader and you take AP classes? Tell me how does one do it?" He asked me.

"Well..." i laugh. "Racing is light work and cheerleading is something i did my whole life." I explain. "My dad wanted me to get into cars and my mom wanted a girly daughter since Letty was already into cars." I laughed.

"Ohhh soo you did both to make both parents happy?" He asked as i just nodded.

"Cheerleading was actually really fun." I smiled. "But the only reason i take AP classes is because my teachers recommended it to me." I shrugged.

"Well thats gonna be good for when you apply to college." he explained.

"Uhh yeahh..." i mumbled. "Im not so sure about college." I admitted.

"Why? You're hella smart. You'll definitely get into some good colleges." He nodded.

"I dont know what i want to do with my life though." I shrugged.

"I can see you running a car shop." He smiled.

"Everyone says that." I laughed. Oscar was actually the first one to suggest it. I thought about it but i didn't know where to start. Was it possible for me?

"Well you should do it." He suggested.

"I always wanted to. Thats what my dad always wanted to do when he was alive. He never got around to doing it." I explained as i stirred my soda with my paper straw.

"See there ya go. You can do it for you and for your dad." Derek smiled.

I just smiled at him.

He had a good point.

After dinner we decided to hang out at at the pier at Santa Monica.

"Ariella?" Derek questioned.

"Hmm?" I asked as i looked over at him then back at the water as the moon reflected on it.

"I dont wanna sound cheesy right now but... i really like you. I want to take things very slow because i know its fast for the both of us. My last relationships ended bad because we moved way too fast. Wait i dont even know why im saying this you probably dont even wanna be in a relationship yet." He rambled on and i just giggled at him. It was funny to see a guy get nervous. The power that gives you.

He finally stopped and looked at me with confusion.

"I like you too and i agree lets take whatever we got going on really slow." I admitted and he just grinned.

Then i felt him cup one side of my face and kiss my other cheek.

"Like that slow?" He asked.

"I guess that works." I laughed as i kissed his cheek back.

I think thats what I needed. I needed to be in the slow lane.

-sweeteasaint