Chapter 11: Memories

The next two days before our game against Houston were spent visiting all of my new friends' childhood places. We drove 3 and a half hours back up to Dallas for those two days, just to bring back some memories.

The first place they took me was Alex's old house. The house she was born in.

"Alex," Corbyn remarked. "One day, when you're known as a girl baseball star, this house will become a memorial for you, or something." She laughed, but I knew Corbyn was right.

Corbyn's house was right next door to hers. Makes sense why they were best friends right away. His house was a little bigger, built for a larger family, but both were really sweet and cute. Both houses had new owners, so of course we could not venture around inside.

Zach's house is down the block. Cousins live close together. As it turns out, Jack's house is two doors down. We did go inside both of their houses and rummage around through the attics with some ice cold lemonade. Perfect kind of day.

Alex and Corbyn dragged us to the park, a cute little square of grass with some apparatus for children. There were two kids playing on the swings, a girl with brown hair and a boy with blond hair. I could tell by the way Alex was looking at them that they reminded her of herself and Corbyn when they were little.

There is this one huge tree in the corner of the park with big, thick branches: perfect for climbing. Corbyn remembered how Alex fell out of that tree the first time they climbed it, and he had laughed, so she pushed him out of it, too. We did take turns climbing the tree, and because we were way bigger than five-year-olds, we got some height on that tree.

Alex convinced us to stop by the high school that Zach is still attending just to make fun of him. I made sure to point out that he literally has like, 3 months of school left, and then he'll be done. I think that calmed his nerves a little bit.

The last place we stopped before heading back to Houston the second afternoon was a little cliff that looked off into a forest. Alex said she used to climb up there when she scared or sad. 'Whenever I needed alone time.'

"But I knew she was hiding up here, so I'd find her every time," Corbyn smiled. Alex squeezed his hand at the memory, glad to have her best friend by her side at all times.

I think this trip down memory lane did Alex and Corbyn good.

for those of you who like this book, here's another update!!!!! yayayayayayayayaya. glad you like it! love ya💖