♠♥♦♣ Unwanted Birthday Gifts ♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣
Unwanted Birthday Gifts
♠♥♦♣

London, England
5 May 1607

Sixteen-year-old Lady Yolande Ione-Viola Corcoran awoke on her seventeenth birthday to sunlight pouring in through the crystal clear glass windows of her bed-chamber. The walls of the chamber were hung with royal blue velvet tapestries, the floor carpeted in an expensive amber, and royal blue embroidered rug. On the east wall, there were a pair of double doors leading to an enormous dressing chamber and an equally sized bath chamber. The west wall consisted of a large marble fireplace, shelves full of books, and a door connecting to the bedchamber beside it. A large, canopy bed made of sienna wood sat in the center of the room.

She stretched her tall, lithe frame as a brilliant smile spread across her angelic features. Today is my seventeenth birthday! she thought to herself ecstatically. She threw back the silk royal blue and amber covers of her bed and padded across the bedchamber floor. She went to the double doors leading out onto the balcony and threw them open. She crossed the balcony, the marble cool underneath her bare feet, and placed her hand on the smooth marble railing.

A radiant smile crossed her pale alabaster face with excitement. Below her, she could see the grounds people tidying the vast grounds of the Corcorans' estate for the preparation of her sweet seventeen birthday. There was a soft knock on the door, she turned and danced back into the bedchamber.

"Come in," Yolande called out in a soft, gentle voice.

The door opened and a maid she did not recognize walked into the chamber. The timid girl smiled hesitantly at her. Yolande blinked her sapphire blue eyes in confusion.

"Good morning, milady." The girl said in a quiet voice.

"Who are you? What has happened to Clare?" asked Yolande.

"His Lordship has assigned me to you. It appears that Clare had gotten herself into a little bit of trouble." The girl replied quietly, a scarlet tint rising to her pale cheeks.

Yolande eyed the girl in amusement. This girl must be no older than fourteen or fifteen. She thought to herself. She studied the girl before with sharp eyes. She had long, honey blonde hair, large brown eyes, a tall willowy form, and pale ivory skin. I can settle for her.

"What is your name?" she asked the young girl kindly.

"My name is Tawny Mahogany-Aruna Brownlow, milady." The girl replied timidly.

"How old are you, Tawny?" asked Yolande.

"Today is my sixteenth birthday, milady," replied Tawny in a meek tone.