Chapter 3

Gerald's pov

"This has been one heck of a day, right Gem?" I laughed, feeling glad to be alive.

"Yeah. I wonder how long we can survive without our roots though." She replied. The wind was still carrying us like a roller coaster. Loops and turns and ups and downs.

"Hey! The wind is letting up! We are gonna hit the ground!" I exclaimed.

"Wait. Hit the ground?" Gem asked. My eyes widened and we started to fall. Fast. I screamed as the ground approached us at about 3 inches per second. Then, we smashed into the ground and I ached all over.

"Ughh my back." I groaned.

"Are you stupid? We just took the easiest fall ever and we landed on a feather." Gem shouted at me.

"I'm sorry that my back is so fabulous it has to land on only the softest of the feathers." I retorted. Gem rolled her eyes and helped me up to a standing postiton. We carefully walked through the dirt and rocks.

"Gem! Lookie over there! WATER!" I shouted.

"And look! A piece of grass next to the water!" I observed, not really caring because WATER!

"GERALD THAT PIECE OF GRASS NEEDS ASSITANCE!" Gem screeched at me, shoving me to the ground so she could help the blade of grass up.

Mystery POV

I could feel the water sometimes touching my feet. I wished I would die, so I wouldn't have to suffer any longer. I heard voices behind me, but I couldn't tell whose they were. My heart raced. Please don't see me. Please don't see me. Please don't se-

"-ECE OF GRASS NEEDS ASSITANCE!" Someone shouted. No. I wanted to die. I can't move.

I'm about to be saved.

WOO TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY.

I am just that awesome.

Anyways,

Don't do drugs!

<3 Molly