» preantepenultimate «

Începe de la început

"She's not picking up my call," Hunter murmured, feeling a single tear roll down his cheek before his tears came uncontrollably and he covered his mouth with his hand to hide his cries.

All was silent, until Phoenix came bursting through the front door with wide and worried eyes.

"Where is she?

"I kept calling her on the way here, but it rang out each time," his voice was full of panic. They all remained silent, the guys staring at him with hard glares and Pyper, a messy face of streaked tears.

Phoenix ran into her room, seeing her most important things gone - her bottles of pills, her notebooks, her laptop, and he even noticed her first edition classics missing. And he began a slow chant, no, no, no, as his eyes teared up.

He ran out of her room and into his, looking around and it hit him at once, he completely remembered what happened before he so rudely stormed out of the mansion earlier. The fight.

"I've fallen out of love with you."

"I can't do this anymore."

"Maybe it was just lust from the start."

Lies, all of it were bloody lies and Phoenix realised with every word he said, he destroyed them, scarring her deeper and deeper with every word.

"Fuck!" He screamed hopelessly, impulsively smashing his fist against his bedroom wall.

"She couldn't have left," he rasped out in a whisper.

His breathing was ragged as he walked over to his bed where he had been writing in his journal—a poem or two or three about his love for her—before she came in with a cold exterior. But he could see right past her, her insides had quivered in hurt and fear and he only ruined her with his words.

He fought with himself to match her cold aura, putting up his own, when he was really breaking down on the inside, desperate to beg her to forgive his stupidity and tell him everything will be okay. But instead, he did the one thing a man does when he loves a woman - he hurt her.

A speck of blood red in his peripheral sight caught his curiosity and he tilted his head slightly to see what it was. A single rose and a note written in her beautiful script.

"No," he whispered, sitting on the edge of his bed and shaking his head. He refused to believe this, this couldn't be real, this has to be a dream, a voice drowned out in his mind desperately. But he wiped his tears on the sleeve of his Lauv crew neck—the crew neck she wore so many times—and started to read, murmuring the words quietly.

phoenix alexander worthington,

Before continuing, he pulled out his phone, dialling her number for the fourteenth time, but instead of hearing her angelic voice, he was met with, "*giggle* hi, if this is a boy, this number does not exist; if this is Pyper, *in a sing song voice* darling just hold on; if this is Hunter, I'm currently dead, but coming back as ghost to haunt you; if this is Phoenix, hi baby, I love you." He heard his own deep chuckle in the background, causing the knife in his heart to twist painfully.

i, don't know, where to begin. i'll start by saying i know now, what heartbreak truly is because everything is going numb, everything but pain. as i'm writing this, i can hear my heart breaking, shattering, yet every fiber within me is still willing to love the same one that broke it, you.

i can't let go of you, the one person that made me feel like home. it seems, i can't close the door to my heart since it's door have been blown to pieces now.