Late night shift

-Mia-

I woke up to my freaking annoying alarm! Ugh time to go to work, god why do I have to wake up at for in the morning, yes FOUR in the morning just to get there early! But me being me decide to sleep for another hour and get late for work.

I have to be there by five but it looks like I'm getting late night shift again. As my jeep is out of gas I decided to call Ashley, my one and only best friend who is the total opposite of me except for the "Getting late" part. After about five rings she answered.

"What!" Looks like she just got up, she is pretty grumpy in the mornings.

"Ash, it's Mia, it's.... 5:05 and we have late night shift again!"

"Shit, thanks for waking me, do you need a ride?" How did she know?

"Yeah, I'm outta gas."

"K, be there in ten, luv ya MammaMia!"

"Luv ya too!" I said after I hung up, I rushed to the bathroom and showered in like three minutes I guess. Wow that was pretty quick. I quickly brushed my hair, grabbed my work t-shirt and decided to wear black jeans with black vans and grabbed a granola bar and a bagel for lunch as I didn't have time to cook. I ran downstairs and made my way outside and then I heard my phone light up saying that I got a text.

From:AshleyTheSexGod
Hey I'm in the car park.

To:AshleyTheSexGod
K, I'm coming and pls change that name!

I ran to Ashley's new range rover which she stole, no just kidding it's her dad's but he didn't want it so he gave it to her. Ashley had a rough past just like me and but she says the past is the past and she wants to move on and forget about it.

Ashley is a beautiful blonde with light blue eyes and me I'm a brunette with blue eyes too, Ashley and I are really thin, we exercise and care about our diet. One person I dearly hate made me feel ugly and fat. I used to get bullied by a boy, I hated him we were best friends but one day it all changed what have I done wrong?
I snapped out of my thoughts when Ashley said we've arrived.

I love working in 911, we started working here after we got out of school as a part time job. Me and Ashley moved here from London. We lived in Bradford and I hated my life there. It was ruined by one particular boy who I don't want to see in my life ever again.

Now we are currently at our work place twenty minutes late and we sure are gonna get told off by our chubby manager Neely, he is the nicest man me and Ashley have ever met. He gave us a job and never fired us but he looks like Winnie the Pooh when he gets angry, even if we get late he gives us a scolding and makes us do late night shift that's all, he's says we out the best and most experienced operators in 911.

We went in search of Neely and saw him next to one if the operators.

"Hi Neely sorry we are late. We kinda overslept." said Ashley.

He deeply sighed, "Ok go take your seats and you are on late night shift." Wait why is he not telling us off, something is really wrong.

"Hey Neely? You alright?" I asked

"No......not really....my dad passed away last night......he was had a kidney failure but never told anyone about it." Oh no I hated seeing Neely like this so we both went and hugged Neely.

"Neely I promise you it's gonna be okay.......I have been through this too so don't worry so much and take a a day off and tell Dan to be in charge, ok?" I said as we pulled away.

"Ok, Thanks, now get back to work I'm gonna head off, but you two are gonna do late night shift, ok?"

Believe me, me and Ashley love having late night shift we get to sleep as we don't get too many calls. We got back to work and yeah time went by quickly. I hadn't gotten any serious ones just some dum and etc.

-

-

-

-

-

Time went by quickly, now the time read 11:23 pm and Ashley is already sleeping, some are drinking coffee to stay awake but others are sleeping and me, I am playing minecraft on my phone while listening take music, but while I was in the middle of building my kitchen the phone rang and it was for me. I accepted the call.

"Hello 911 what's your emergency-" I got cut off by a man.

"Please.....HELP....HELP PLEASE!!!" By this time everyone's eyes were on me.

"Sir, calm down and tell me what's happening!" I said calmly even though I'm panicking.

"I'm....on a.....lonely....highway and two containers crashed..... and one is on fire.....please help me I'm under the two containers!" he said and by now I was panicking because this has happened to me before and I'm not gonna let him die.

"Sir hold on we are on our way." I called the fire brigade, police and ambulance and tracked the place down and ran to the ambulance.

-

-

We got to the highway as soon as possible, it was so lonely. I ran towards the crushed car as quickly as I could.

When I reached the car a container was on fire and the black car has been crushed under the other red container. The police, paramedics and the firefighters have not yet reached so without hesitating I went up to the car and saw the mans hand sticking out. I grabbed it and I slowly started pulling him out and made sure her rid bit get hurt. After he I pulled his whole body out of the crushed car I carried him, and end he was a bit heavy but I managed and I also saw his phone so I took his phone and carried him bridal style ran as quick as I could as the containers were about to explode. I got to the ambulance on time as I heard a loud bang, the container exploded a the firefighters to clear the explosion.

The paramedics took him to the bed and rushed to the hospital, and that's when I realised I have saved this mans life on time.

I was so happy I held his hand which was surprisingly still warm. I brushed his hair from his face to see what he looks like and he was.....beautiful? Wow. Black hair, sharp jaw and olive skin. But there was one thing I noticed in him....he looked really familiar but I couldn't really put a finger on it. Maybe I saw him at a coffee shop. But I pushed those thoughts away realising we arrived at the hospital. I had to let go of his hand so they could take him to a room and clean him up. Now I felt cold after I let go of his hand and as it is fall it's pretty cold outside so I shoved my hand in my pocket for warmth and that reminded me I have his phone, I have to return it soon.

I decided I should stay to see if he's okay so I asked the nurse for the waiting room and went there.

The waiting room was quite warm and I thought I'll take a nap cause it's been pretty tiring being superwoman for the day so I fell on the couch and drifted off to sleep.

....................................

A/N

Hey guys I'll try and update real soon. I hope you guys will like it and if you want you can create an awesome cover and message it to me on wattpad.

Please vote, favourite and comment a few ideas I could use for this story, and make sure you read my best friends books she's awesome - summer2626

I luv ya guys

Bye ;)