Walk On The Sea

A shadow hauled itself out from the water along what remained of the New York shoreline; perching upon an old half-submerged bridge and beginning to sing a haunting song that enraptured the poor soul who happened to be nearby. Unluckily enough, the person trapped was a Hunter.

The Siren sang in a low pitched voice; not so deep as to give away gender but just deep enough to send chills down the listener's spine. 

"Hold your breath, see the stars. I won't say you're safe this time, Here and now you're mine tonight."

The young Hunter found himself unable to stop walking towards the Siren, even though his every instinct warned him against approaching it. His elders had warned him for years of how Siren lured humans to their death.

"Hold your breath, see the stars. I won't say you're safe this time, Here and now you're mine tonight."

It didn't sing a new verse, instead opting to repeat the same haunting lyrics which had so captivated the boy. His feet sloshed through the water thinly lapping over the bridge, his shoes quickly soaked through. He discarded them without a moment's thought, his socks as well.

"Why, why? Ooooh, froid, froid, as-tu?"

The Siren's song had changed, now a haunting refrain half in English and half in French. The boy grew closer still to the creature, watching as he slipped into the water. This close, the Hunter could see the flat chest and short hair marking this one a male.

He beckoned to the boy, who without a thought dove into the watery depths after the haunting song he now craved like oxygen. This was what his elders had warned him about; and some part of him knew that. 

"Why, why? Ooooh, froid, froid, as-tu?"

The song floated up to him through the water, before the Siren was in front of him; his lips on the Hunter boy's throat. The Hunter boy's daze was broken as the Siren bit down gently, but it was too late. Siren venom was coursing through his veins, just enough to turn him.

He stared at the Siren in shock as it floated back a few feet, giving him room to stretch his new tail. Now he could see him properly, and he wondered why the elders thought Sirens were such ugly creatures. This one was beautiful; tanned skin and dark gold hair with a golden-tinted tiger shark's tail.

His own tail was a pale gray spotted whale shark's, gently swaying in the water. The Siren swam boldly up to him and pressed his lips to his, kissing him needily. The newly turned Siren boy kissed back, confusion and instinct warring in his head. 

His human confusion told him he was kissing a boy and a Siren nonetheless, yet his Siren instinct told him he had to submit to the Siren because the Siren was his Alpha and had turned him.

The Siren drew back, smirking at the dark red blush on the newly turned's face. 

"You're mine now. And I won't let you escape me like I did with my last darling."

The newly turned just floated there in shock.

"I'll give you a name. Àmoi."

Àmoi blinked.

"What does it mean?"

The Siren kissed him again, this time long and gentle.

"It means mine. And my name is Mourant."