7. peaches & cherry pie

Shiloh sat in her Literature class, lightly tapping her fingers against the desk

Shiloh sat in her Literature class, lightly tapping her fingers against the desk. She kept her eyes on the clock in front of the room, counting down the seconds until the bell rang.

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

The bell rang and Shiloh rushed out of the building. Looking over the parking lot, her eyes found River's car. She walked over to it, getting inside the passenger's seat yet again.

"You look nice," River spoke.

She wore a black skirt and a white button - up top. Blue River High was a private school, so she had to wear that same uniform everyday. It was the same thing she wore on Monday.

"So where are we going, Rio?" Shiloh asked, ignoring his compliment.

"Well if you checked your surroundings for like, half a second, you would know," River teased.

Shiloh turned around to check the backseat, only to find a large picnic basket with a red and white cloth sticking out. She whipped her head back to the boy beside of her.

"River!" She exclaimed, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

He was shocked, but he couldn't help but smile shyly.

"A picnic? Really?" Shiloh smiled in disbelief.

"You've never been on a picnic?" River asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

"No, my parents never let me," she grumbled, dropping her smile.

River looked over at Shiloh, his eyebrows furrowed, then back on the road. "Why wouldn't they let you?" He almost laughed.

"Are you kidding?" The girl chuckled. "We're too...high class to do anything that doesn't involve wasting money. But that's just what they tell me. Baby on the other hand, can do whatever the hell he wants and get away with it."

Baby Steele. Until now, River hadn't really thought about them as propper siblings. She really grew up with that asshole! And he couldn't bare to think about what Baby would do to him if he found his sister hanging around a Phoenix.

"River?"

"Yeah?" He asked, all eyes on Shiloh, her eyes staring out the window.