Maybe I should Start From the End

My voiceover. "I have something to tell you but I don't know how to say it. So to make you understand , I'm going to start at the end."

My eyes opened. My right hand was connected with Hope's left one. Hope turned her head to look at me. Hope and I slowly got up. There was a big hole in the ground by us with smoke coming from it.

"Where the hell are we?" Landon asked from behind us.

"What happened?"

"I don't know." Dad said.

"But I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

Hope and I shared a look of confusion before turning to look at the two men who didn't remember.

Hope's voicover. "On second thought, we'll just start at the beginning."

Beginning of this weird day 

Hope and I snuck down the stairs. After we found out Landon needed help, Hope and I made a plan to save him.  We quietly walked pass everyone that wasn't in there rooms. I went and grabbed Dad's car keys as Hope waited for me by the door. I smiled when I saw her. 

"Going somewhere?"  Hope and I jumped, turning to see Dad. Crap. We got caught. 

"Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?" Dad continued. 

"Um, you know, I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering." I  was not good at lying on the spot. 

Hope shook my head at her.  He scoffed.

"At 3:00 A.M.? Girls, you don't have a driving licence. You were gonna commit grand theft auto, which is a felony. You're ditching school right before the midterm exams begin, and Hope, you've made it very  clear to me that you see me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you this very second, Hope and call your mom Faith?" 

"Oh, I didn't think about the midterms." I said, sarcastically.

"And firstly, this isn't the first time I took your car without permission. And secondly," I held my arm to show him my bracelet. "We saw this." 

"And what is that?" He was getting annoyed. 

"It's basically a supernatural compass." Hope told him.

"Well, I hope it's pointing you to your room ćause that's where you're going." He stated. 

"We're going after Faith's boyfriend." My dad gave me the eye. Hope told him.

"He's not my boyfriend." I rolled her eyes. "And if this thing is glowing, that means that he's in trouble." 

"Then we're going, and I'm driving." He pointed out.  I smile.

I forced Hope to sit in the back so I could have the passenger seat. We passed the sign for Indiana.

"Indiana." Dad said, in a singing tone. "Crossroads of America. What's the capital?"

"We learned that in, like eighth grade." Hope chuckled.

"Oh, good, then you should know it." He said.

"She didn't say we remembered it. I don't know about her, but I don't remember it." I said.

"I don't either." Hope smirked.

"Yeah, well, you both aren't saying much of anything. Look, if you can't handle grade school geography... You're gonna flunk all your exams." Dad told us.