Luna 035 part 2

They arrived at the lowest level completed, the place where the human testing project was housed. Security was much higher here than it had been on the other parts of the base. Multi layered sensors, camera's were hidden behind one way reflectory tiles. No one who didn't work here had access. Yet this had not been enough to stop the breach. Inside in the clinicly white observatory deck a long haired woman who if he took a guess was somewhat older than 40 years, greeted them. Black hair, cold gray eyes, one of her eyes was a prosthetic sensor, it seemed to notice everything, she looked tired. "I'm Jill sader, chief of the research project" She said. "Joe Harrison, Luna division, we'll keep the introductions short, i need to know everything you can tell me about the escapees" Joe said.

Soon after Joe found out that the project had been dedicated into creating human's who could work in the harsh conditions of the planet this moon was orbiting, one of those crazy colonization plans that would create the basis for human conditioning into the enviroment, test subjects, only created for the purpose of studying several ways of enhancing natural born humans. They had dabbled in creating higher density muscle, twice as durable as a regular human has. vision enhancements, improved hearing, not all the subjects had been created for same purposes they had differences. Some might be more adaptable to freezing winds, others more capable at working in vacuums.

It seemed to Joe that the project wasn't only to produce humans who could live on Calmira, which was the name of the planet below, it's purpose was also to give Doctor Jill and her fellow scientist a sandbox in where to play god. They went through all the 14 subject files when one particular caught Joe's eye "This one, the one named Van Diem, what was his purpose?" Joe asked. Sader seemed bothered by the question "Van was an all purpose experiment, quite well versed in anything, counterbalance to all the specialisation" Jill said. It seemed to Joe that there was more to it than that, Doctor was hiding something. "If this is right he's been enhanced not only on intelligence, speed, spatial vision and more, seems to me he's the combined product of all these other tests" Joe said. The doctor's shoulders collapsed and she looked at the floor as she spoke "I admit, Van was what we call alpha leader, he combined all the tests into one subjects, he's our best work to date" Jill said. "And the reason why this whole situation exists" Joe said. The doctor just nodded. "Listen, i don't like suprises, and i dislike not knowing all the facts, if i want to i can shove you and your bunch of scientists out of an airlock and get away with it, so you better start spilling it all out, no matter how classified, i have the clearance" Joe said. Obviously the doctor took the hint and started telling everything. Scientists once it was their own self at stake they would talk, otherwise would hold back and you would need to squeeze it out. Rick returned with a cup of coffee, he had sent him to get when they started looking at the files, he got to work, videos about subject 14, Van diem. The coffee tasted good, the base must have received some real coffee.