Chapter One *Nostalgia*

You and your brother raced away from that... creature in the ink room. The ink room overflowed, it's dark contents chasing at your heels with that thing. You could hear it's misshapen feet slapping the ground as it chased it's prey. 

You.

 The front door was in sight. You reached out your hand and... your stomach dropped. You felt like you were floating in air for a second, just like Wile E Coyote in 'Looney Toons' and then you fell through the floor. You knew at that moment you were going to die in Joey Drew's twisted studio, drowned in ink. 

You felt your body slam into the hard floorboards, and a sickening CRACK sounded in your ears. You could hear someone calling your name, but it was distant, like a friend calling to you from across a large field. You felt your eyes grow heavy, and it was getting hard to keep them open. ... Maybe sleeping for a minute wouldn't hurt...

Thirty Minutes Earlier...

You needed a break from your life. The pain of your boyfriend dying, and the shock of your mother being diagnosed with cancer, you just need to get back to your old life. When you were in a building of dreams coming to life, with the man you loved since second grade as your boyfriend...

A man named Joey Drew.

He was the one to end the relationship. You were crushed when this happened, and might have helped lead to your current state of depression. "I have feelings for another..." He had said with a solemn look on his face, "I'm sorry (Y/N)." He then walked off to his office, leaving you alone and heartbroken. You soon learned that the other man was your brother, Henry Stein. You shipped it, so you were okay with Joey liking him, but it still pained you to see how Joey looked at your brother, with longing his his eyes that he never had for you. You got over it eventually, and you and Joey remained friends. 

You opened the rotted old door entered the broken down studio. You were greeted by the smell of musty ink. A strange sense of nostalgia washed over you, and you felt truly relaxed for the first time since leaving this place. The floorboards groaned under your weight. You walked over to your old lover's desk, and looked at the pictures of Bendy scrawled all over it. You remembered the day Joey had made Bendy.

[[Flashback: 34 years]]

 He had drawn the little demon, then balled the paper the had used up. Then to your shock and horror, he chucked it into the ink machine.

 "JOEY!!" You gawked at him, "That was an awesome drawing!! You should have saved it!!" Joey smirked and nodded at the machine. You watched fascinated as a live form of the demon crawled out of the trench the machine resided in. "J-Joey...!" You walked over to the little devil and knelt down on one knee, "How?!" Bendy looked you in the eyes and started grinning. "Brother!" he stumbled over to you and wrapped his slender arms around your neck. You grinned a bit and picked him up bridal style. "He likes you, (Y/N)." Joey limped over to you and your "brother." 

Joey had wrecked his leg last week when his foot went through a rotted piece of wood on the stairs. He didn't have a health plan, so he couldn't go to the hospital to get it fixed.

 He gingerly planted a kiss on your cheek, then left without another word. You placed your hand on the spot he had kissed. "Ohhhh!!" giggled Bendy, "(Y/N) has a boyfriend!!" You playfully glared at Bendy then took your hand out from under his knees. He dropped a bit, but he still had his arms around your neck. His eyes widened as he tried to get a better grip on you. You starting chuckling at Bendy's efforts. 

[[Snapback: 34 years]]

  You smiled for the first time in a long time. You were thankful that Henry had told you meet him there. He sent you a letter, telling you to meet him in the ink machine room today around noon. He told you that Joey had asked him to come, and he didn't want to go it alone.