Chapter 1: Enter Oscar

I can remember my hands shaking as if they had a vibrating spell on them or something. The point is I was nervous, more nervous than I had ever been before. Who wouldn’t be nervous? The school that I'd been accepted to had been destroyed three years prior. I was only 8 then, and reading the Prophet reports about the battle had interested me greatly. One day, I hoped I could meet some of the heroes that fought there. Maybe soon, I thought excitedly.

I can remember what the letter had said word for word.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmistress: Minerva McGonagall

Dear Mr Collins.

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.

Your Sincerely,

Filius Flitwick

Deputy Headmaster

I was so happy that day and responded within five minutes of getting the letter. Running downsatairs, I burst in on my dad writing a letter about the way that people who died in the Battle of Hogwarts are being remembered. You see, my mother died in the battle. According to dad she took on four Death Eaters with her before she was killed by Voldemort himself.

I now sat in the backseat of my dad’s muggle contraption called a car. I didn’t like it, it was far too noisy for me and I hated loud noises as it disturbed my thinking patterns. My brother, on the other hand, loved them, I so hoped we weren’t in the same house. I would never get any homework done and that would annoy me.

“Hey dad, what house were you in at Hogwarts? What was it like there?”  I asked, leaning forwards.

“I was Hufflepuff, the house of the loyal. Your mum was in Ravenclaw and she was the most attractive woman I had ever set my eyes on. I did ok and stayed out of trouble with the teachers so it wasn’t that bad. Christmas is amazing. Snow everywhere,” he stated slowly.

We shortly arrived at Kings Cross and cut through the great mass of muggles that were holding up the station. 

"Excuse me, Escuse me," could be heard calling around the station and it  made me even more excited and nervous than what I already was.

I couldn’t wait to see Hogwarts, apparently it was one of the greatest sites of Magical Britain and I couldn’t wait to be able to adventure around it.                                                                                                                                                                              I quickly found the small sign that read Platform 9 and on the other side Platform 10.  I ran through it and reached the other side quickly staring at awe at the scarlet red steam train. 

I waved goodbye to my father and climbed aboard the train, I was finally going to Hogwarts, I laughed and followed my brother down the corridor in search of a compartment.