No one dared to mention to Kili that his beard was the same now as it would be in a matter of hours. You didn't have the heart to put him through that. 

Thorin shook his head, smiling, before he was ushered back inside by his beloved wife. He wasn't meant to see the finished product just yet. And frankly he didn't want to intervene. He wanted you to do whatever you wanted to do.

This time he would listen to you.

He had been thinking about renewing your vows once he reclaimed Erebor. It would be the perfect location to show you what you meant to him. Then he could finally honor the human rituals. He would make it right.

He would have to discuss the specifics with Balin in due time. This was something that he needed help with.

Especially because renewing ones vows was not something that dwarves did. They would have to find a loophole.

It would be hard to find one in dwarven law.

But it was something that he needed to do. Now that he saw your actions for what they truly were, he felt the need to right his mistakes.

The day went by rather quickly.

More and more boxes on your checklist got checked off. The closer the party got, all the more stressed you started to feel. Everything had to be right.

Dwarves could be hard to please when it came to parties. There had to be enough food, enough ale, and plenty of opportunities to laugh and make noise. All of them would bring their instruments so that was something you didn't have to worry about.

The only issue was that the elves refused to cook meat. That is why you had asked Bombur to do it himself. Bofur and Bifur were helping him. Another thing checked off.

All too soon, the sun went to sleep. The party was about to begin.

The dwarves and Bilbo had gathered in the courtyard. They were talking amongst themselves. Fili and Kili were already making music. Bofur had jumped onto a table and started singing. Everything went swimmingly.

You smiled as you watched their merriment.

Over the course of a few months, they had become family. Dwalin, Balin, Fili and Kili you already knew because of your marriage to Thorin. They were included in the marriage package.

You were happy to say that they had became your friends and true family. Especially this whole ordeal had brought you closer together to them.

Now you were able to say that you had changed their diaper at some point in time.

Someone nudged your shoulder. You looked over to your left to find Bilbo smiling at you. "Hey you, what are you doing?" he asked.

You looked back at the dwarves. "Just looking at them. I'm happy that they are a part of my family" you spoke softly.

Bilbo stayed quiet. Together you watched them spill ale on the floor and make merriment together. "They are a bit loud" he said, making you both laugh. "They are a great bunch."

You nodded, biting your lower lip. "That they are."

"Especially your husband. I mean, I thought he was a handful as an adult but knowing now what he was like as a baby." He whistled.

"Oh Bilbo, you have no idea." You sighed. "Just a little longer and you will be back to your former selfs."

He stared off into the distance. "Yes, we will be... And then we continue on with our quest tomorrow morning. Knowing your husband he will wake us before breakfast. It is not a respectable time to wake one up" he said.

You smiled. "Is it respectable among hobbits to leave their hole without notice to go on a quest with dwarves to reclaim a mountain?"

There was no reply.

Even if Bilbo had wanted to answer, he couldn't because your husband was on his way. He strode across the courtyard over to where you were standing. He nodded to the both of you when he was close. "Good evening."

"Good evening" Bilbo replied. He nodded back and left the two of you alone.

"You've pulled off something incredible, ghivashel" Thorin complimented you. "I have heard none of them complain so far."

"Maybe they don't complain in front of their king" you teased.

Thorin offered you his hand, leading you behind the tree in the middle of the courtyard. "The only one they complain to is me. All of them think I am capable of changing things for the better."

You put a  hand on his arm. "That sounds like a burden."

A sideways smile appeared on his lips. "My father would tell you it is a privilege."

"What would you tell me it was?"

He kissed you. His hand rested on your cheek when you parted. "I would tell you that I'm lucky to have you by my side."

You kissed him. It caught him by surprise. He smiled into your kiss.

"I love you. You are my world" he whispered. He groaned. "It sounds more romantic in dwarfish. Sometimes this human language doesn't translate well. What I feel for you is much more than love."

He pressed his forehead against yours. Capturing your eyes with his. "I adore you. I wouldn't trade you for the world."

Blushing violently, you giggled. You hadn't done that in a long time. "That does sound incredibly romantic, you know."

"Don't ever leave me." It almost sounded like a plea.

"Why would I leave you?"

He closed his eyes. "I now understand that I have made some grave mistakes when it came to our wedding day. I should have taken your customs into consideration. I would turn back time and make it right to you, if I could."

You brought your hands up to hold his head. "Our wedding day was beautiful. Yes, in my culture I would have worn a different colored dress. But... that was not what our wedding was about. It was and still is about us. About our relationship." You took his hand in yours and placed it over your left breast. "Our marriage is based on our love for one another."

"I will make it right to you." He placed your hand on his heart. "That I promise to you. I want to be yours, entire."

"And I want to be yours entire."

You stared deeply into each other' eyes. Grey streaks started to re-appear in his hair. The lines around his eyes returned. He aged before your eyes.

A tear rolled down your cheek.

He caught it with his thumb.

Behind you there was loud cheering and some groans. The party continued the way it had before. All of the dwarves and Bilbo were back to their right age. Everything was back to normal. Back to the way it used to be.

Except for the difference between the dwarven king and his queen. For they had learned more about each other. In each other they found love, a safe place to rest, an ear that you could always talk to.

They found each other.