I heard footsteps heading this way, Draco had caught up to me.

Draco: "So, Harry Potter has returned to Hogwarts."

He stood in beside me.

Draco: "I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

One of the Weasleys laughed at him. Rude.

Draco: "Well, there's no need to ask your name. Red hair and hand-me-down robes. You're obviously a Weasley." He looked back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizard families are better than the rest. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." He offered his hand. "I can help you there."

He was straightforward about it, but he was right. In the wizard world, muggle borns and blood traders are at the bottom. I'm not prejudiced, that's just how it is. I want to make sure that I don't damage my name. With the Weasleys being blood traders, I can't befriend them.

Harry: "I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."

Isabella: "Draco, Professor McGonagall is on her way out, come on."

She came back a second later annd told us to follow her.

We  followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small, empty chamber off the hall.

  "Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

  "The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly."

  She left the chamber. A few of the ghosts came through and disappeared through the walls. The Friar and another ghost were arguing.

"Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance --"

  "My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really even a ghost -- I say, what are you all doing here?"

Friar: " Oh, it's little Isabella. They are first years. Hope to see some of you in HufflePuff, my old house, you know." Leaving me slightly annoyed, they left.

Isabella: ...I'm not little anymore...

Draco laughed a little.

"Move along now," said Professor McGonagall. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start. Now, form a line and follow me."

Harry took the lead and we all followed. The sorting hat was at the front of the room and he started singing.

  "Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

  But don't judge on what you see,

  I'll eat myself if you can find

  A smarter hat than me.