「Chapter 10」Complicated Thoughts

Start from the beginning

'Ugghhh!! I should've brought Sal or someone with me to show me the way!! Stupid!'

I open some doubledoors, hoping it leads me to where the bathrooms are, but it instead leads me to an outside area.

The sound of crying catches my attention as I look over to where it's coming from.

It's Travis, sitting on a bench.

I roll my eyes and begin to walk away, but I decided see what was wrong. He just seemed really distraught.

"Hey," I greet and he looks up at me. His bruise was still noticeable, like mine. "Go away!" He yells and looks away.

I shrug and turn around to go, but I stopped when he told me to stay because he wanted company. I thought about it for a second, and then I sit down next to him. We sat in silence for a little while.

"Why do you bully Sal?" I finally spoke up.

"Because he's a fag and so are you." He said in a huff.
"A little rude but alright." I roll my eyes again.

"Is that all? 'Cause you think we're... that?" I say.

"Well, don't know anything about you so that's all I have right now. But Sally is just annoying." Travis hissed, "He's weird and I hate him."

"I hate him..." Travis starts tearing up again

"Why're you crying?" I question.

Travis ignores my question and says, "You know that freak talked to me while I was in a bathroom stall?" He said as his voice became noticeably shaky, "Idiot wanted to be friends with me. As if I'd let him be my friend! Who'd want that?! He's just some loser that no one fucking likes."

"Well maybe if you'd stop being such an asshole all the time maybe you'd have some friends." I snapped, feeling myself grow angry.

He then looked up at me. Eyes swollen from tears, snot running down his chin. He looked like a true mess.

Travis sniffed and rubbed his eyes, trying to hide the fact that he was crying after he looked back down. But I saw more tears come out as he spoke once more.
"Whatever. I'm fine being alone." He mumbled as he shakily inhaled.
"Are you though?" I asked.

Apparently, this caused him to get angry. He shot his head up and looked me dead in the eye, "Yes, of course I am!" He yelled and looked away again with a scowl on his face.

"Just get out of my sight." He said.

I scoffed and abruptly stood up and almost started walking away, but Travis realized then put his hands over his face and started mumbling curses to himself. He was obviously frustrated and just troubled so I, being the nice individual I am, sat down on the bench again and loudly exhaled.

"Listen," I started, "I'm just gonna say this: You really need to stop this whole 'angry boy' attitude. It's not cute. I would love to be your friend but you need to put all of that negative stuff behind you before I can do that."

"And you need to stop bullying Sal." I quickly added.

He put his hands back down on his legs and stared at the ground for a few seconds before saying, "I just-my feelings are really complicated. They aren't natural for a guy."

"Why's that?" I questioned.

"It doesn't matter," He said, "And, I'm...sorry for punching you yesterday...I guess."

I raised my eyebrows in shock.
"Oh, yeah. Just don't let it happen again," I said with a small smile.

He stayed silent so I got up.

"Alright, I gotta go. My friends are probably wondering where I am." I said and then started walking away.

"...Bye." I heard Travis say before I walked back inside the school.

"Oh right, bathroom!" I said and fortunately found a restroom a few minutes later.

-

OH MY GOD I HAVENT UPDATED IN SOOOOOOO LONGGGGGGGGGGGG
IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN MONTHS I'VE JUST HAD REALLY BAD WRITERS BLOCK
but here's a long chapter to make up for my laziness👊😔
-cake