Chapter 10

*Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dear Diary:

Last night was the most unforgettable night of my life. Ross told his parents he was staying over at the party last night, but he stayed here instead. My dad was off with Scooter, like usual, so we had the house to ourselves and we used it. Wow, we used it. 

Honestly, it wasn't suppose to go this far but I just couldn't stop myself. Once I had Ross I had to have all of him and believe me, I had ALL of him. This morning is a little awkward though, I think he feels bad about what happened but I don't. I woke up to my phone ringing and Rydel's number showing up. We just got home from the hospital visiting her.*

 "Ross. Ross! ROSS! Wake up!" He sat up, covering his waist with my blanket.

"What? What happened?" He asked rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Rydel is in the hospital, we have to go see her!" His eyes widened and he rolled out of bed, not caring about me seeing his exposed body, and ran to get his clothes while I picked through mine trying to find what to wear.

"What happened? Is she okay?!" He asked, shoving his legs through the holes in his jeans he'd packed for today.

"I have no clue, Riker kept breaking up on her phone but we need to hurry!" I urged as I tossed my hair in a bun and slipped on my shoes.

We rushed through the doors and out to my car only to watch my dad pull up in his fancy new truck that he'd bought for himself. "Where are you headed young lady?" He yelled out the window at me.

"We have to go see a friend, she's in the hospital." I said opening the door to my car.

"The hell you are! Get back inside you stupid slut of a daughter! Who is that boy? I got a gun in the house you know? I'll shootcha both if I have to." His drunken words were slurred together as he stumbled down from his truck.

"Shut up, dad. You're drunk. Go inside and lay down." I said ignoring his rude comments.

He walked over to me and grabbed my arm, yanking me back out of my car and on my feet. "What the hell did you say to me, slut? That girl Tasha told me everything you did with all those boys last year." He flung his hand to my face with all his force and smaked me with a loud "THWAP" then twisted my arm around my back and shoved me against the short car, pulling my arm tighter and I felt my shoulder pop. "How do you like that, you dirty slut of a daughter? Who's this boy you got? I bet you fucked him, too, didn't you? You nasty girl. You'd do anything to get a boy up in that room of yours." The alcohol on his breath made me gag as I felt his knee hit me from behind, jolting me forward. Ross ran around the car and tried to force my father off of me. I was free but my dad took a few shots at Ross and there was a full on fight about to break out. I jumped in and shoved my dad to the ground, Ross ran to the car while he was down with me following close behind. We drove off just as the old man stumbled his way onto his feet.

"Thank you..." I said through the tears in my eyes.

"Has he ever done that to you before?" Ross said, taking my free and in his.

I pulled over once we were a few blocks away because it wasn't safe for me to drive while sobbing. I'd never shown anyone, not even Tasha. I rolled my wrist over to show him the scares, "He used to get drunk and cut me when I was younger. He wouldn't buy me short sleeves anymore because he didn't want people to see. I guess he stopped caring after awhile. He broke my arm in Jr. High." I said through the sobs.

"Rachel, why haven't you tried to get help?" He asked, almost crying himself.

"He's all I have, Ross. I don't have any other family to take care of me and I don't want to go into foster care." I turned to look at him.

"You have me, Rachel. I'm going to fix this."

"How?" I said, whiping the tears from my eyes and putting the car back in drive.

"I don't know yet, but I will. I promise."

"I love you, Ross."

"I love you, too, Rachel. To the moon and back. Forever."