2. Running From You

Jisoo ran past people outside of the train's boarding area until she spotted a small secluded bench to sit on to catch her breath. Her mind was racing at the speed of light as she lowered herself onto the cool metal frame of the bench. She reached in her hoodie's pouch for her phone to call one of her roommates to tell them about her situation.

But, it wasn't there. 

Of course she left it on the train, of freaking course.

And of course the Jennie Kim that she just ran away from was jogging towards her with a worried smile on her face, holding the cell phone that she was just hopelessly looking for. 

"You have to be kidding me.." Jisoo muttered to herself as Jennie was getting closer.

She stood up to try and face Jennie, take her phone and thank her, then walk away, as simple as that. But upon seeing Jennie's warm yet concerned smile she knew it wouldn't be that easy.

"Hey, are you okay? You left this on the train, this thing is really easily lost, huh?" Jennie said to the shy girl as she handed her phone with a small chuckle. She looked her over, and she was still wearing that face mask, Jennie swore that there girl was familiar just judging by the upper half of her face. And clearly she knew Jennie.

"Yeah, um, it slips out of my pocket kinda easily." Jisoo mutters taking the phone from Jennie.

Then they just stood facing each other, in pure, good ol' awkward silence.

Jennie decided that she was going to be the courageous one of this conversation, because she figured Jisoo wasn't going to make any moves to push the conversation along.

"So, what do you say we go to a coffee shop or something? You know so we can sort out all of this confusion, and how you know my name, cause this is a really weird situation." Jennie rambled, nervous all of a sudden.

"Uh, I don't know about that, I kinda have to get home to study." Jisoo was trying her absolute best to get out of this conversation, down the street and into her apartment. 

"Oh that's okay. But can we exchange numbers? I really want to figure out what this is all about..." Now it was Jennie's turn to nervously look down and shuffle her feet. 

--

Jisoo limply laid on her soft bed, reflecting on the events of the past hectic hour.

She couldn't believe that she just ran into Jennie Kim. The Jennie Kim that basically made her life euphoria for years then turned it into hell in a matter of days. And who she still couldn't say no to. That's how she ended up with her phone number just a few minutes ago. 

"What do I do? I've been doing my best to erase her from my life for three years, and she doesn't seem to have any recollection of me?" Jisoo groaned and turned over on her bed.

"Are you talking to yourself?" 

Jisoo turned around to see her roommate, Chaeyoung standing in the doorway."

"Yeah, it's been a long past hour, but i'll tell you and Lisa later, I need to figure some shit out." Jisoo said to her curious redheaded roommate.

"Ok, whatever you say Jis-" Chaeyoung went to reply but Jisoo cut her off.

"I ran into Jennie." Jisoo said abruptly, tears threatening to bubble up to the surface of her chocolate eyes.

"Oh Jisoo... I'm sorry." Chaeyoung looked at her older roommate with sad eyes, knowing what Jennie did to her.

--

hey gays

thank you if you actually took the time to read this, i hope you have a great day ;)  

-e