Senior year

Today went by so fast, it was my first day of senior year and I'm ready to be done with school. I've been at Lowell high school for 3 years already. It's honestly not a bad school, only cuz I've never seen the bad about it. I'm slightly startled when I hear my friend Kelly yelling out my name. "Cassidy!!!!" She runs and gives me a huge hug attempting to lift me off the ground. She squeals in excitement and I giggle of how she reacts, she saw me only 10 minuets ago. "Kelly, people are staring!!" I slightly laugh as she stops hugging me, watching peoples eyes burn into us as they stare in disgust. She turns slightly red and laughs nervously. "So Cassidy, how was you're first day?" She says very excitedly. "Eh I've had better." I slightly chuckle. All of a sudden the bell rings and the afternoon announcements come on. "Good afternoon, I hope you all had a great first day, remember to fill in all the forms you have received. Turn them into you're first period teacher by Friday. Have a great night!" We both walk out of of the double doors getting pushed by all the kids desperate to get home. I wait out with Kelly for her mom to pick her up. "Are you sure you don't want a lift home?" She asks as she gets in the front seat about to close the door. "Naaa it's ok, I'll be fine walking" she looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Cassidy, it's a 20 min walk, are you sure?" "Yeah I'll be fine." She says bye as she closes the car door. The car drives of shortly after. I start walking thinking to my self about how long this school year will be. "This is gonna be a struggle, I could barley make it through last year and this year is gonna be twice as hard." I start walking towards the side of the school where it becomes a hard brick wall. "Wow I'm thinking out loud, if u had a nickel-" my thoughts got cut of by the sound of someone grunting, as if they were being hurt or abused. I then hear a raspy voice. "You worthless piece of shit go fuck you're self." my heart stars racing. Is someone getting beat up? I hear kicks and punches as I look to the side of the school. I see two really intimidating guys beating up a wavy haired boy, he's on the ground curled up in a ball covering his face with his hands taking in the punches and kicks. They kick his knuckles as he tries to cover his face with his arm. I try to keep my mouth shut as I watch in horror I've never seen anyone being treated so badly in my life. I feel like I need to do something, but I'm to scared to even try. They finally seem to be done with abusing the poor guy and spit in his face. One of them grab him by his shirt lifting him up scraping his back against the brick wall he arches his back trying to break he contact between the wall and his burning skin he's still covering his face with his arms as he sobs in agony. One of them says, "get you're fucking arms out of you're face." Then he forcefully pulls his arms and pins his wrists against the rough wall "if you ever look at me, or talk to me, you will go though all that pain again, got it?" The poor guy turns his head to the side as he tries to avoid eye contact. The guy chuckles and knees him in the stomach. He screams in pain and spurs out "YES I WONT EVER LOOK OR TALK TO YOU, EVER!!!!" The guy pinning him down has a cocky smirk on his face. "Glad we can agree on something." He gets up dropping the guy to fall on the cold concrete and cry in pain. He spits on him and turns to his friend laughing his head off. "Come in man, let's go." They both run off behind the school. I look down as I see him lying on the ground holding his stomach and sobbing in pain. I cover my mouth with my hand and look at him with sadness in my eyes. He had bruises on his arms, the back of his shirt is slightly ripped, his knuckles are bedding and scraped. His eyes closed hard shut as he's biting his bottom lip trying to overcome the pain. I take a step back not knowing how much noise I made. He looks up at me, his brown eyes stares deeply into my hazel eyes. There filled with sadness, pain, and tears. His eyes are red and puffy from crying and he has a small bruise on his cheek bone. I can't seem to find my voice.