chapter 12

Ashton Stone's pov

After seeing her looking all sweaty, some part of her hair falling on her face. I was confused. But when she explained that she trecked here, I was shocked. But never the less, she looked breathtaking.

I asked her to sit down because I wanted to apologise for my behavior yesterday. Shit I was nervous, It took everything in me to apologise to her and she only responded with an "it's fine" damn it she's making me feel more guilty. I'm trying to make it up to her and she ain't even making it easy for me.

I thought of every possible way to make her talk to me like she does to others and to me before.

"Ok" I said and she looked at me then I continued "first your previous files are with me, you and the rest of your team. We have a gala coming up in a months time and it's about raising money for the orphanage home. And we have just two weeks to plan because we'll use the remaining weeks to buy materials we need". I've been looking at her since I started talking and she has been looking at her feet and nodding her head when ever I make a point. There's something wrong with her and I can feel it. Something's bothering her.

I continued talking before she looks up and catch me starring at her. "Your office would be the same as mine" as soon as I said this, her head whipped up to look at me. Damn think of something else you idiot my subconscious mind reminded me "before you say no, there are no spaces left cause it's going to be occupied by the other members. And it would be too packed which would be uncomfortable to work in" I finished and could you believe I was nervous, I mean people fear me and I'm scared of just one person and she's sitting in front of me. All she had to do was to peek at me through this long lashes of hers and my pulse would rate up.

She nodded and stood up to leave "where are you going" I asked standing up with her "i- uh my office?" She replied unsure of her answer.
I knew it. Something was bothering her. "Didn't you hear me before? My office is yours now. We have to share" I repeated softly. "So sit down on the sofa right there" I pointed to the black sofa with pillows on them.

"I-uh need to make some calls so that they could bring your table and other items for you" and she nodded.
She doesn't even want to talk to me, she's only nodding her head.

I went out to make the calls I needed to and I ordered food for her. Her favorite which is cheese burger and fries. I hope it's still her favorite cause I will be dammed if she rejects it.

When I came back to the office and turned to her direction to tell her her things would he here shortly but she was already asleep. I took slow steps to her careful not to wake her up. Her head resting on the armrest and she's was cuddling with the pillow I almost laughed at her innocent expression. I guess some things don't change. She was a cuddler and she still is and damn she looked innocent, her lips slightly parted and I was tempted to touch it.

I took a photo of her sleeping face. That's gonna be my wall paper I thought. I brushed back the strands of hairs falling from her face with only one thing in my mind.
A promise

A promise that I'll get her back

****†********†********†
Another chapter finished

😪😪😪😪

Please vote 🙏...