chapter 13

chapter 13

Chloe's POV

I have my bags all packed. the moms went over to my house to grab everything that belonged to me. my clothes, my shoes, my make up, my hair stuff, and anything else they found in my room or bathroom.

for now, I'm staying with the Zieglers, next week the Hylands, and next week Abby's. only because the court wants to see what family I do best with. They'll have their minds made up by the court trial at the end of the month.

that's when I have to see my dad.

I haven't seen him since they arrested him. that was a week and a half ago.

that's how long I've been in this dang hospital.

I'm so excited to leave. I've finally changed out of that itchy hospital gown and into a pair of dark purple yoga pants and a black tank top. I don't want to wear to tank top because it shows all the bruises on my arms. but I'm also not wearing make up to cover the bruises on my face so..

"ready Chlo?" Melissa asks from the doorway

"ready." I whisper

I put a bag on my shoulder and head towards to door and grab Melissa's hand for comfort. she walks me down to her car and sits me in the front seat. Maddie and Kenzie aren't here, there at home putting my room together.

when we get there Melissa grabs my hand again and we walk to the front door, then head to my bedroom. it's there guest bedroom, so I've seen it before. the only thing they changed to it was putting all my stuff in it.

the walls are painted navy blue and the queen size bed has a yellow comforter on it, with white and yellow pillows. there is a small table next to it with my phone and phone charger on it with a stereo to plug my phone into, and a lamp.

then there's a dresser on the opposite wall that have my pajamas folded in it, and underwear and socks, and whatever else. there's a flat screen TV that hangs above the dresser.

it has a walk in closet with all my clothes hanging up and my shoes sit at the bottom of it. the clothes hamper sits in the back corner.

and then there's my bathroom. it has all my make up, hair stuff, and everything else in it.

I set my bag down and unpack what was in there. which is only what I was wearing when they took me to the hospital. that nightgown that now has a lot of blood stains on it. I put it in the clothes hamper.

"you can hang out in here, you with the girls, or wherever you want. I'm going to go cook lunch." Melissa says

I nod my head at her and sit on my big bed. I plug my phone into the charger and watch netflix. I'm still logged in to my dads account. I don't know how long his credit card will work now that he's in jail though. I turn on Gossip Girl anyways.

after watching half an episode Maddie comes into my room for the first time today. "Hey chlo." she says

"Hey mads." I smile at her

"Whatcha watching?" she asks coming to sit beside me

"Gossip Girl." I answer

"Ooo my favorite!" she squeals

we watch the rest of the episode together, and then Melissa calls us down for lunch.

we take a seat at the table, and Melissa puts our sandwiches in front of us. they look sooo good! mine has turkey, cheese, avacado, and mayo. and the bag of chips on the side of my plate are nacho cheese Doritos.

after lunch Maddie and I went back in my room and watched more gossip girl. after about three episodes we decided to choreograph a duet together. it was to All Of The Stars by Ed Sheeren. a beautiful dance to a beautiful song.

we are dinner at the table all seated around each other- like a family. it was nice. something I've always wanted with my family. My mom, my dad, and who knows- maybe a younger sibling or two.

it would be beautiful. we'd be happy. laughing, talking. asking about each other's day, and who we thought was cute at school.

perfect

for desert we had brownies with powder sugar sprinkled on top. then I retired to my room and put on Divergent on my flat screen.

after the movie I turned off the TV and went to sleep. I felt nice. I felt secure. I felt safe.

•••••••••

it's been half of my week with the zieglers and the lady from the court is coming to supervise the day. we just had to act normal, like she wasn't there. which will be easy for me, I always liked to pretend my father wasn't there.

she was there right when I started my day, but wasn't in my room.

I woke up and took a shower. I wrapped my head in a towel so it would dry faster. then I went in my room and put on a pair of jean shorts and a floral tank top. my bruises were healing nicely, but if course I had some permanent scars. physical and mental.

I went back into my bathroom and did my make up. I then took my hair out if my towel and put it in a messy bun. I grabbed some brown sandals and headed down stairs. I ate breakfast with them and had normal conversation. all the while mrs. judger lady was writing down notes.

at 10:30 Melissa drive Maddie and I to the movie theatre where we met with Paige, and we all saw The Fault In Our Stars together.

then we drive back home and had to get ready for dance.

I put on a pair of yellow shorts and a pink crop top. the shorts unfortunately didn't cover the word on my stomach. so I went and put some coverup over the ugly scars, and threw my hair in a quick sock bun.

I put my ALDC team sweats on over my shorts and grab our team jacket and put it on. I put a pair of purple flip flops on and grab my dance bag.

when I walk down stairs Melissa, the girls, and mrs. judger were all ready and waiting for me. "ready Chlo?"

"ready." I answer

••••

"chloe, Maddie time for your duet rehearsal! we hear Abby yell from the dancers den

we smile at each other and walk in. I don't have a solo this week, but I'm featured in the group, and have a duet with Maddie. so that's pretty good.

we go through our duet three times. it's really beautiful and to the song All I Want by Kodaline.

after that I go to advanced ballet for an hour, then back to group rehursal. our group dance is called Black And Blue and I'm featured. it's about an abused girl. I'll be wearing a blue dress and everyone else will wear black. I'm going to have bruises drawn on me. and some will be natural.

at 6 the moms went and got us girls dinner. Melissa got maddie, kenzie, and I in n out.

at 8:30 we were done with all our classes and got to go home. so did Mrs. Judger lady.

I tore off my dance clothes and got into some black shorts and a tanktop. I brushed my teeth and hair and fell right to sleep. dance takes a lot out of me.

but my dad took more.

A/N sorry it took so long, hope u like it!

ps- it's the group dance black and blue the girls did in season 3