The Man Behind the Idol

Start from the beginning

Confuse, Mark, racks his brain recalling any memories he had read about Got6 making a comeback. He came up blank, perhaps it was a movie or drama Jinyoung was announced to be doing? Still nothing. Jinyoung had gone back to caressing his cheeks while waiting for his answer.

"Jinyoung, what do you mean I'll see you soon?"

The younger was about to answer when Jaebum broke his silence once more. Telling Jinyoung to hurry up because they really had to go now. "Just know that I'll see you soon, okay?" Without waiting for Mark's reply he places a chaste kiss on top of his head. Stepping away from Mark he gives him one last smile and left with Jaebum leaving a rather confuse Mark alone in the room.

If Mark had counted correctly it has been fourteen months since Jinyoung had started 'pursuing' him. The last fourteen months was the happiest he's been and being with Jinyoung had changed him. Even his family members and coworkers had said so. He was more outgoing and less shy than the male fourteen months ago. Let's just say Jinyoung had brought out the best in him. A lot of people had asked Mark if he was dating someone because of this. Moreover, because he was seen texting and chatting on the phone with someone. He had denied it, but he wished he did.

Chuckling under his breath on how cute Jinyoung went beyond his way just to see him, he placed his clipboard on the desk before shaking his white lab coat off. Hanging it on the hanger he glanced at the wall clock. It was almost closing time and he had promised his mom to go eat out together tonight.

Bidding goodbye to his coworker and locking the door to his workplace, he walks down the street towards his car. As he walks down the street passing other business it was decorated with Christmas ornaments. December was here and there were only two weeks left before Christmas. Pulling his coat closer to his body he lets out a breath that could clearly be seen by how cold the weather was.

A few snowstorms had showered down on Seoul covering most part of the place. As Mark made his way to his car he carefully stepped on the footprints in the snow that was made. He was one of those people who finds white snow covering the ground to be beautiful. He hates how ugly the ground becomes when million of footsteps or car tires were made in the snow. It just doesn't look pleasing at all and so by stepping on the footprints already made he hopes to make the ground less pretty. If that was even possible.

Finally getting to his car he unlocks the driver's side and slid inside. Rubbing his hands together he quickly started his car. The downfall of the cold weather was how easily the car windows could freeze. Turning on the heater in the car he hopes to unfreeze the windows, the front, and back of the car soon. He hates to get to dinner with his mom all angry. He does not want to repeat last year's family gathering again.

Waiting for a few more minutes his front and back view was starting to clear as well as his windows. Rolling down his window he goes to wipe his side view mirrors. Once that was done he was ready to go.

The drive to the restaurant took longer than normal driving where there wasn't snow. But because there was, cars were moving slower than usual to be safe. Glancing at the clock in his car he was already ten minutes late. Just great, Mark has to prepare himself for Angry Bear Mama Tuan now. Switching on his signal light he waits for the red light to turn green before making a left turn.

Pulling into the parking lot he quickly parks his car before speeding into the restaurant. Walking towards the female standing behind a stand he makes eye contact with her.

"Hi, I made a reservation for two under the name Tuan?"

The female goes to look through her book with her index finger sliding down the page. Giving a short nod as she found the name she looks up to give a smile. "Everything is all set and your guest has already arrived."