The Man Behind the Idol

Jinyoung last told Mark he will be pursuing him. What comes next?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mark hyung ..."

"No."

"But-"

"No buts Park Jinyoung."

"Are you really upset that I came with Jaebum for Nora's health checkup?" Jinyoung asks with a pout while holding onto one of Mark's hand. Swinging it side to side to give more an effect for his cute act.

"No, I'm upset with the fact that you made Jaebum change where Nora normally gets her health check up to here instead." Mark tries to explain ignoring Jinyoung's effort to get his attention, by getting his hand out of the younger's grasp to flip over a paper on his clipboard.

"Your point is...?"

Sighing he halts his movement to stare at the idol who already has his eyes on him. "The point is you just stole someone's patient and business."

The idol's eyes melt in sweetness and if Mark could draw out the picture right in front of him, he would draw Jinyoung with heart eyes.

"Babe, you have such a sweet heart."

The nickname threw Mark off causing the older to blush crimson. It wasn't the first time Jinyoung had addressed him with that nickname. He had a few times through text messaging and phone calls. But never in person. It felt different, Jinyoung's smooth voice sending shivers down Mark's spine.

"S-ss-stop calling me that. I'm not your babe." Mark protest, returning his gaze back down on the clipboard he was holding. Without looking and just by the tone of Jinyoung's voice, he could already tell the younger was smiling from ear to ear.

" Not yet ,"Jinyoung had replied with a teasing tone when the door from the room they were in opens. Jaebum's head poked in to assess the room first.

"Oh good, you guys are still both dressed." The leader of Got6 said before entering the room completely. He shuts the door behind him while holding a cat carrier bag with Nora inside. Jaebum's comment only successfully made Mark grew redder in embarrassment.

Did all the members know about Jinyoung pursuing him?

"In case you are wondering if all the members know about Jinyoung and you, then the answer is yes. He can't stop talking about you." Jaebum answers as if he read Mark's mind.

"Hyung," Jinyoung glares at the male who rudely interrupted his time alone with Mark, "I told you to wait outside for me."

"Yeah and I did." The leader replies back with an 'oh so chic' vibe. "I waited for seven minutes and you never came out. You said it'll be quick."

Sighing because Jinyoung knew he cannot win against Jaebum in this argument he just shook his head. "Fine, just let me say goodbye to him."

"Sure, but I'm not leaving without you this time."

Rolling his eyes Jinyoung mutters a 'whatever' before turning his attention undividedly on Mark once more. "I have to know that you're not upset with me before I leave." Placing a hand on Mark's cheek, his thumb goes to caress the skin softly. Who's the older one again?

Letting out a soft sigh, Mark shakes his head before meeting Jinyoung's gaze. "No, I'm happy that you came to visit. Even if it was to tag along Jaebum for Nora's health check-up."

"He forced me to change my regular vet place." Jaebum pipes up causing Jinyoung to whip his head around with a glare.

"Hyung!" Jinyoung whines as Jaebum shrugs his shoulder muttering a non apologetic apology and promising to keep quiet. Returning his attention back to Mark his glares softens to something only Mark was able to see. It was full of love and affection that was directed towards him only. "I'll see you soon, okay?"