Ava bit her lip, slowly turning to look up at him. Her eyes met his gaze, hers soft and afraid, his concerned and confused. Her breath shuddered, chills running down her spine. "Bucky." She said in almost a whisper.

He could see the fear in her blue eyes, making his throat feel like it was squeezing shut. "Just, tell me what's going on." He whispered painfully.

She took a deep breath and bit her lower lip, gently grabbing his hand, tangling her fingers with his. "Do you trust me?" Her voice was small. Mousy.

Bucky's lips pressed together, gazing deep into her eyes. His heart pounded in his chest, searching for anything that would be alarming in her eyes. All he could think, all he could feel was calm. "I do." He gently squeezed her hand. 

Ava nodded, swallowing slowly. "Come with me, and stay quiet. We will only be gone for a few days. You'll see why when we get to where we are going."

"You need to hurry. I have you covered while you're away, but you must be back in 48 hours. Do you understand? T'Challa is at that World Leaders meeting in LA, and he will be home by then. People will get suspicious if you aren't back at the same time." Shuri insisted. "Your jet is outside waiting."

"Thank you." Ava nodded. "I owe you."

"I hope you know I could get into trouble for this!" Shuri called down the hall as the two others headed for the jet, jogging to the flat launchpad.

"Try not to!" Ava called over her shoulder.

**********

"You know how to fly this?" Bucky asked, standing beside the pilot chair Ava sat in. 

She shrugged. "It's Wakandan. Of course I do." She said, starting up the engines by pushing a few buttons.

He nodded, studying the cockpit. All the words on the buttons and levers were in Xhosa, so he couldn't read them. "Where are we going?" He asked after a few minutes while she was preparing for take-off.

Ava bit her lip, glancing up at him. "New York." She said, paying attention to the controls again as the jet rumbled. "Strap in." She said, to which Bucky sat in the chair behind her and put on the safety belt. "Apparently, that's where I'm from. And there is something there for you too. I found all this out a few weeks ago from that memory stick. I had to keep it secret until now." She explained, pushing a few more buttons. 

Bucky and Ava were pushed back into their seats and the jet took off, climbing into the sky.

"There is something for me too?" He arched a brow, watching her as she maneuvered the jet.

"Yes, but I can't exactly tell you what. Yet." She said glancing at him. "I'm sorry." She frowned. "I think it would just be more appropriate for you to be told once we get there."

Bucky studied her again. His brain told him not to trust her. But his gut, and his heart, took over. He had to believe her. "I trust you." He said softly. Ava offered a weak smile, and a nod, before turning her attention back to flying the jet. 

The following hours were fairly quiet, only a little bit of small-talk or simple flirting was passed between the two people as they traveled. Ava had been sure to bring more American looking clothes for the both of them, which they had dressed in at some point during the flight. Bucky wore a gray sweater, black jeans, and sunglasses. He looked casual. That was what they needed, so they would not be caught. Ava wore an orange tank-top and headband to match with white pants. The documents Shuri had given Ava included aliases. They were to go as a married couple, Sebastian and Yvonne Padalecki, both tourists from Denver, Colorado in the United States.