I felt myself being shaken awake. I slowly cracked my eyes open seeing Ari and Rose standing above me. I didn't show any emotion as I sat upright and watched them take a few steps backs.

"Some staff and I made dinner at the pack house and we came to get you," Ari spoke.

"Why couldn't you just bring it here?" I retorted harshly. She took a step back, along with Rose who had a guilty look on her face.

"I was told-"

"Not to tell me?" I interrupted. Rose looked down before meeting my face. She nodded before turning around.

"Mason wants to talk to you," she said voice low. "He's outside."

Once she walked out, Ari was still watching me. "I know the Alpha isn't very accepting of you, but everyone has their reasons."

I inhaled then slowly exhaled. "What do you think his reason is?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I guess it has something to do when he was a child. No one, I think, really knows. But if you can get him to open up somehow, you'd be the first to know."

I groaned before slumping back on the couch. Before I could add my two cents, she beat me to it. "Masons pretty desperate to talk to you."

I reluctantly got up before heading towards the front door. I saw Masons head snap up as his eyes observed my tearstained cheeks. Without another word he wrapped his arms around me crushing me to his chest.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't tell you," he mumbled into my head. "I really wanted to tell you but your mate kind of told us-"

"I know what he did."

He tensed. "And you're alright with that?"

I shook my head. "Why were you crying?"

"Not know please," I practically beg. "I just want to go eat."

He nodded before letting go of me. Rose stepped up from behind him, shocking me. I didn't know she was there at all.

"I'm sorry," she said as Mason slung an arm over her shoulder.

I nodded. "It's OK."

"Enough of this, I'm hungry and if any of you want to join me, I'll be at the pack house."

We all growled before following her. As we arrived, heads turned and murmurs erupted at the sight of me. I knew they must have found out I was the alphas mate by now.

Many people looked away as I past them. I don't know why. I wasn't intimidating in the least bit but yet I had people cowering away.

Great, another way on how to be isolated. If you guys need tips on how to become a loner, please come to me.

I ignored the worried glance from Mason. He knew better than anyone else that this was affecting me big time. It's not like I asked to become isolated. I didn't want people cowering away from me like they were doing right now.

"You know," I spoke up stopping Ari, Rose and Mason. "I don't really feel hungry anymore."

They all see through my white lie. But instead of trying to get me to reconsider, they let me go. Just as I turn around, Ari speaks up. "I will bring food to the alphas home."

Without another word passed between us, I head back to the alphas home. I didn't feel OK with saying it like that but it was his home after all. I was just his mate living in his home for, I don't know how long.

I walked past a small bush ignoring the glances from people walking about. I paused before retracing my steps and bending down to grasp what had caught my eye. A baby lily.