Chapter 3

"Oka! I heard what happened! I can't believe anyone would do that to you! How are you feeling?" Taro bombarded Oka with questions, the concern in his eyes genuine.
"I'm ok..." Oka responded unenthusiastically, her eyelids closing.
"Don't fall asleep! I have to make sure you're ok!"
A small smile appeared on Oka's face.
"I'm ok."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Ok...get some rest alright?"
"I'm trying."
"Oh! Sorry."
"It's fine," Oka whispered, drifting off into sleep once more.
The hospital room was small, and the walls were white. The bed sheets, blanket, and pillow were white as well. There were bandages wrapped around Oka's shoulder where she had been injured, and a bright light overhead. Taro fiddled with his black book.
"Hey Oka, I'm going home now. See you tomorrow," Taro told Oka this, and waited for a response.
"Oh," Taro felt his face to slightly red as she thought out loud, "You're sleeping."
Taro stood up, straightening the chair he was in, before slowly walking out the door. It was late, so the hospital halls were fairly empty. He felt a shoulder against his as he made his way to the exit.
"Oh, sorry didn't mean to bump into you," Taro apologized.
She just froze, and stared at him, blushing. She had black hair and long bangs, along with deep dark brown eyes that were almost black.
"Aha, ha ha."
"Are you ok?"
"Ha ha," She giggled.
Spending one last second admiring him, she quickly ran deeper into the hospital.
"Uh..."
Stunned, Taro opened the door and left, moonlight shining on the building's windows. He approached his bike, which had been chained to a rusty black metal fence. Retrieving the sliver key from his pocket of his light blue jeans, he breathed in the cool night air. He placed the key into the blue lock and got onto his bike. It was dark red with a black seat. He got on and began turning his feet, the pedals moving with them. His hair was flowing in the wind. The wind was also causing his eyes to water. He tried to focus on the wind and ignore the uneasy feeling deep inside of his stomach. Oka had been too tired and weak to talk to anyone, meaning she hadn't described her attacker. The police had no description of attempted killer, who was still on the loose. What if the killer tried to attack again? He blocked the thought from his mind. Oka was going to be fine.
"I'm sure it was an accident," He told himself, " Why would anyone want to do something so evil? Besides, I have lots of homework I haven't started. I shouldn't worry myself with such horrible thoughts about horrible things like murder."
Slicing through the air on his bike, he went home.
~~~
Ayano pushed open the doors of the hospital building and strutted in. That little ***** wasn't going to steal her Senpai. Strangely, she felt strong anger. No dull emotions. She bumped into someone. Senpai. Suddenly, a rush of emotions surged through her. She froze up.
"Oh, sorry didn't mean to bump into you," Senpai apologized.
She couldn't talk. Senpai, he was so perfect. He had to be her's.No one else could have him. After admiring him some more, she ran off. This had to end. Senpai. Was. Her's. She approached the room Oka was staying in. She gently pushed the door open, careful not to wake her up. Oak was sleeping, her chest rising and falling as she breathed. Something strange overcame Ayano, something she had never felt before.
"She looks so...peaceful," Ayano thought to herself, "I can't kill her."
Aha I pulled up a chair and sat next to her bed, watching her sleep.
"Why can't I kill her?" Ayano thought.
She was an easy target. Why wouldn't her hands move? It would be so easy to strangle her. So, so easy. But Ayano couldn't.
"That's it!" Ayano's stared ahead, her face expressionless, "Oka must've cast a spell on Senpai to get him to love her. Now, she's using it on me too. That's why she's in the Occult Club! She's learning spells to control people!"
Oka stirred in her bed.
"I'm sorry!" Ayano whispered this time.
She smiled, watched Oka peacefully sleep.
"Oh no, I'm doing it again!" Ayano thought, "I have to get out of here."
She stood up, but couldn't get her legs to walk out, no matter how hard she tried.
"I'll just stay here a little longer, after all, it is my fault she's hurt," Ayano thought.
She sat back down, confused, yet happy. Happy...Ayano was happy. She was feeling. These emotions...they weren't all just being thrust at her, no. She was feeling how she should feel. She wasn't angry, happy, flustered, and sad all at once. "This must be how normal people feel all the time," she thought to herself, "Oka, this spell you cast one me, I don't want you to ever take it off."