𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

Start from the beginning

"speaker" He spoke

I changed the audio from my AirPods to speaker so he could hear. The phone rung twice before he answered. Damn.

"ain't I tell you to take your ass to class?" He said once he answered

"M-M-Masai"

"Cai what's up?" He asked I guess sensing the fear in my voice

"can you come pick me up...please?"

"what's wrong, someone said some shit to you?"

"n-no. just please come. please" I pleaded

"babe you know I'm not allowed on campus. you sure you want me coming?"

"yes!"

"aight. I'll be there in like thirty"

"no! hurry...please"

"for real if someone fucking with you tell me, I needa come there ready"

"n-no, I'm at my accounting class. just please hurry"

"aight I'm on my way" He said

Before I could say anything else the man snatched my phone out of my hand, dropped it on the floor then smashed it with his boot.

"the clock begins"

~•~

I nervously tapped my foot as we waited for Masai. He had us all sit against the walls, spaced out of course so we wouldn't touch or anything.

I looked back at the clock to see that 18 minutes had past since we last talked. Meaning only two more minutes before he kills someone. I know it's not Masai's fault though, the hotel is at least 25 minutes away, he would need to be speeding a lot which would cause him to get stopped by the police.

"this is bullshit" Our professor said before standing up

"you wanna kill someone, kill the faggot...not us" He said then ran over to the door

Obviously he wasn't quick enough because before his hand could touch the doorknob he was shot. Everyone started screaming but an alarm muffled it.

Before our professor hit the ground his other hand pulled the emergency fire handle by the door.

"don't you dare get up" The man said while pointing his gun at us

His other guys pointing their guns at their respective walls.

I looked over at the professor who was not moving.

Is he dead?

The fire alarm kept going off and footsteps were heard from outside the room. So you're telling me nobody heard the gunshot or screams? Or then again the fire alarm going off made it seem like that was the reason people had to evacuate the building.

I looked around at the students in my class. Some were balled up crying, some in shock, and some even grilling me—probably blaming me for this.