f o u r

‎‎♡・゚

the bell rang, announcing that the lesson ended.

mackenzie packed her all stuff and left class. she looked around seeing people kissing and boys giving girls flowers. valentines. she sighed. she never had a boyfriend so she never celebrate that. only her mom give her a hug and chocolates for this day.

she went to her locker. she opened it and put there her books.

''mackenzie ziegler?'' she turned around and saw really pretty girl in angel costume.

it was a tradition in her school. you can pay for cards or roses and then girls in angel costumes gives it to your crush. she never got a rose.

''um, yes?'' kenzie looked suprised.

''this is for you. happy valentine's day.'' girl gave mackenzie dark red rose with card to this.

kenzie wanted to give it back cause she thought it was a mistake but girl already left. she bit her lip and looked around to see if there is some camera and it's a joke. she didn't see any camera or laughing people.

she hesitated, but put down the roses in the locker and picked up the card. she opened it and start reading.

be my valentine
ps you look so pretty :)
- j  ♡

mackenzie was so confused. she read this card like ten times and it really was saying this. 

''so?'' she looked at johnny who came to her smiling. ''what is your answer?''

kenzie bit her lip and took rose from her locker giving it to boy. 

''so that's yours. here, i don't want it.'' she sighed. 

''come on, which girl don't want to rose in valentine's day? please.'' he looked at her seriously and kenzie took it back. 

''ok, um, well thank you. for the rose.'' she smiled softly. 

''so, you saying yes? i'm really happy that you're my valentine.'' he started comeing closer to her to hug her but she started choking at the air. it was really funny.

''valentine? i- i didn't... i didn't say...'' she was so nervous. 

''ok, i get it - too early.'' he smiled at her. ''but come eat lunch with me and my friends.'' she didn't have chance to protest cause he already grab her hand and went with her to lunchroom.

they came inside and kenzie looked around. she was here one time, when she had her frist day at school. too much people scared her so much.

johnny holding her hand looked away and catching eye with his ex he smiled. millie looked confused. plan is working. 

''oh, there they are.'' he said pointing at his friends. 

they came to table. everyone looked at johnny, then at kenzie and at the end at their hands. 

''hey, guys. it's mackenzie.'' he smiled, looking as annie shake her head. ''mackenzie, this is hayden, darius, nadia and annie.''

everyone, besides johnny, thought it was awkward. annie looked at kenzie, who was looking down. she felt bad for mackenzie so she smiled softly. 

''come, sit here, away from this weird guy.'' she pointed at chair next to her. kenzie smiled at her and sat next to her. 

johnny sat across from the kenzie and next to darius. everyone start eating and talking. everyone besides mackenzie. she was just sitting there, feeling so awkward.