Nightime, April 2nd

Oh my GOODNESS!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LONGEST DIARY ENTRY EVER!!!

The drama all started today after lunch. I was still kind of freaked about the Lake Girl, who Zoey just HAD to bring up while I was eating some delicious macaroni and cheese. I mean, who brings up an upsetting subject while their BFF is eating some of the best food in the WORLD? Answer? Only Zoeysha Ebony Franklin, folks. But I forgive her, since she is one of my best friend's and all. ;)

After I had cleared my dishes and all the tables were clean, Mrs. Kemp walked to the front of the cafeteria and even tapped a spoon against a glass to get all the eight grader's attention.

"All right class." She said with a cheery smile, "Tonight, at 7:00 pm, we are all going to go on a nature walk around the lake. This will be the part of the trip that counts as a biology grade. I suggest you get cleaned up and organize your belongings, because we will be eating supper at 5:30 SHARP, and immediately will proceed to the lake. You are dismissed."

Everyone had already gotten up before she was finished talking. All the CCPs were talking about how "fun and romantic" the moonlight walk and swim were going to be. I, unfortunately, was NOT excited for the hike. I mean, who would when the Lake Girl might be prowling around? Of course, I know I said that I didn't believe in the Lake Girl a little while a go, but no one just forgets about that kind of stuff...

Brittany, Zoey and I headed to Cabin Seven so we could get our towels and such before we headed to the shower rooms. We took our time, because chances were the CCPs were already in there, taking LAVISHLY LONG and HOT showers. Sometimes, I think all the CCP rich girls could sure use a military BOOT CAMP. I mean, those generals could sure break them of their habit of taking 45 minute long showers EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Sure enough, as soon as we arrived at the shower rooms, all twenty stalls were PACKED with CPP girls. I could barely breathe because the room was filled with so much steam. We all put our towels in front of the stall that we were going to shower in, kind of like a "don't you DARE take this stall because I'm showering next" warning. Hopefully, the CCPs would pay attention and let me shower next. That wasn't likely, unfortunately. All of a sudden, the air in the room got even hotter and steamier. This time, I couldn't barely breathe... I couldn't breathe!!! Ugh. How can the CCPs STAND showering in BOILING WATER?

I glanced around at Zoey and saw that her face was rapidly turning the same shade of blue I had painted my toenails earlier. Moonlit Lake, I think. This scared the HECK out of me.

I rushed over to her. "Zoey are you okay?!" I gasped. She just shook her head feebly as she fell onto the green tile floor. OMG. I felt sooo TERRIBLE that I didn't catch her! The best friend is ALWAYS ready to catch their fainting bestie in the movies! :( Unfortunately, there was no one else except Brittany to help, everyone else was in the shower.

"Brittany, I need your help!" I called. Brittany ran over and I saw her face turn as white as a ghost as soon as she saw Zoey's crumpled form. She helped me pick up Zoey. We carried her outside as quickly as possible and laid her in the grass. I hoped that the grass wasn't wet. That would make me feel even MORE terrible.

"Zoey!!!" Brittany shouted at her. "Zoey, wake up!!! Zoey's face was as white as the sheets on my bed, and her eyes were closed. I could barely detect her chest rising and falling in a ragged way.

I hovered over Brittany, trying to think of a way to wake Zoey up. I should have known. Zoey has asthma. The steam in the shower room must have irritated her lungs until she couldn't breathe... Suddenly, in a moment of intense bravery, I said to Brittany, "Brittany, Zoey's breathing. Slap her a bit, because I think that's what your supposed to do to babies that aren't breathing. I'm going back to the cabin to get her inhaler, and I'll try to find an adult while I'm at it. Do CPR or something. I'll be back in five." And then I took off running towards Cabin Seven.

I managed to clear my head as I sprinted towards Cabin Seven. OMG! What had I done? Zoey's life was on the line, and if she, umm....went away, it would be all my fault! I would never forgive myself.

Somehow, I managed to find Cabin Seven in the dark, moonless night. Luckily, I knew that Zoey kept her inhaler in her duffel bag. I busted open the door and leaped into the cabin, expecting the lights to be off and it to be empty. However, I broke in to find-wait for it- Mackenzie!

She was sitting on top of Zoey's bed along with Jessica, watching movies on Jessica's iPad and eating Rolos. That's when it hit me.

Zoey brought along tons of Rolos.

Zoey hid some Rolos from MacKenzie last night

Zoey's duffel bag was open

MacKenzie was eating ZOEY'S ROLOS. This made my blood boil and I could practically feel steam coming out of my ears, but I forced myself to stay calm. But this was especially hard when MacKenzie was laying on top of Zoey's duffel bag. If anything was scarier than Zoey practically DYING in Brittany's arms, it was MacKenzie blocking Zoey's duffel bag from me.

She gave me the death glare as soon as I stepped in. "Are you too dirty for even the SHOWERS Nikki?" She sneered.

"Umm, actually, I needed to get to Zoey's bag..." I was trying to play it nice at first, hoping that MacKenzie would stop being stubborn and let me get to Zoey's bag.

"I have a news flash for you, DORK. Zoey is perfectly capable of getting her own stuff."

"Mackenzie..."

"Oh wait, Zoey is probably cowering in the shower room, to afraid to approach my AWESOME RADIENCE-"

That's when I completely LOST IT. No one, and I mean, NO ONE, calls my best friend a coward while I'm around! Especially when she might be DYING.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY MACKENZIE." I shouted. What happened next went by in a blur of action. I stomped over to the bunk and hauled MacKenzie off by her leg. She fell on the floor, stunned. Then I quickly shifted through Zoey's duffel bag. By now, Jessica was cowering on the edge of the mattress, afraid of my awesome wrath. "Ahah! Found it!" I said with triumph as I held up the inhaler. And with that, I banged open the door and once again ran into the night.

As soon as I breathed in the crisp, cool air of the night, my head cleared. Once again, I thought, what have I done? If MacKenzie told Mrs. Kemp about me pulling her off the bed, I could get [gulp] EXPELLED. Of course, MacKenzie would twist and fabricate everything that had just happened (M-Mrs. Kemp, Nikki pointed a GUN at me!) and I wouldn't get a say AT ALL. But then, even expulsion couldn't be worse than Zoey going into a coma.

After what seemed like FOREVER, my legs finally led me to the grass in front of the shower room. I scanned the ground, looking for Zoey and Brittany. Then I started hyperventilating.

Zoey wasn't there.

Brittany wasn't there.

My kind was racing. Brittany must have taken Zoey and gotten help. But what about Zoey's inhaler? Wouldn't she need it? I needed to find them. Fast. Zoey needed her inhaler. And then, for the third time that night, I ran into the night. And yes, my legs DID feel like rainbow marshmallows that had just been thrown up by a smurf.

My first thought was that Brittany took Zoey to the Nurse's cabin. The nurse's cabin, I had been told in one of Mrs. Kemp's camping lectures, was a little ways into the woods. Which, BTW, didn't make any sense WHATSOEVER. If your leg is broken, do you want to have to limp half a mile into the woods to get treatment? I didn't think so.

I was having SEVERE trouble finding the nurse's cabin. The trees blocked what moonlight there was, so I had nothing to see by. But I had a determination to deliver Zoey's inhaler to her, no matter WHAT. Suddenly I felt a chill, and I felt like I was being watched. I whipped around, half expecting to see Brittany and Zoey behind me. But it wasn't Brittany and Zoey. It wasn't two girls. It was one girl. She was dressed in one of those white nightgowns that maybe someone older than my mom would have worn when they were a kid. Blackish green thingies were wrapped around her arms and waist-I couldn't tell what they were, though they looked an awful lot like seaweed. Her long, blond, glossy hair shown as the moonlight managed to filter through the willows. Then I gasped as she turned ice blue eyes to lock into mine. Because, in front of me, was the full glory of the Lake Girl.