Marinette leaned back on her heels as she let loose a tired sigh, as Alya cheered her on from the top of the waterslide. Nino gave her a congratulatory pat on the back.

It felt nice to be appreciated every once and a while.

Adrien's feet and back were growing increasingly tired from the constant standing and parading around to make sure everything was in place for the wedding.

Behind him, the hotel pool (which was blocked off by a large and teal-blue colored fence) cheered loudly. He had no idea why, but couldn't exactly leave.

Lila was bossing the volunteer staff who were brimming with sweat. Both from the labor and pressure. Adrien offered to help, but they kindly declined and said they had it all covered.

He'd make sure to give them bonuses on their checks for all the help.

"Lila, do you know what's going on over there?" Adrien asked his fiancée who was making kissy faces at her dog.

He struggled in her grip, too tiny even make a dent in her hold. "No, and we don't have the time to know."

"Not even five minutes?"

"I don't have five minutes!" she sighed, already going back to barking at someone who was struggling to put streamers.

(A/N) Reminds me of that scene from FRIENDS ok bye

Adrien, devising this was his chance to slip away, began his trek back towards the hotel. He waded through the soft sand, the noise from Lila and the crew fading.

Upon arriving at the hotel, the pool was already closed for the evening. On Tuesdays and Thursdays it closed at sundown, since the bar was open was happy hour those days.

Doing a quick perimeter check, he greeted some of the passing staff as faint music from the bar echoed off the shimmering water.

The pool light was glowing bright violet, and by it was a woman. She dangled her legs over the edge and just looked at her reflection.

"Excuse me, you're not supposed to be—" he stopped when he saw who it was. "Oh, hey there Marinette."

She looked up. "H-Hello."

He cane beside her and slipped off his shoes to let his own legs into the lukewarm water.

"You do know your pants are getting wet, don't you?" she asked, slowly regaining her confidence.

"Eh, it's okay. They were a gift." he shrugged, smiling softly.

Her cheeks flushed. She felt like she was back in high school all over again. This was supposed to be all left in the past.

"So—uh—where's Lila?" she coughed, turning back to the water.

"Back by the beach. Maybe she went to the bar, I'm not sure." Adrien kicked his feet. "I'll find her sooner or later."

Adrien shifted his body, his shoulder lightly brushing hers. "Hey, I heard some whispers today that you saved a kid on your shift."

Marinette tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "Well, you know, just doing my job."

"You know, I don't know how to swim so to me that is amazing." Adrien grinned.

"You don't know how to swim? Well that's one of the most basic skills you need to learn." Marinette teased, lightly punching him in the shoulder.

Apparently she was too strong because Adrien fell face first into the water. Marinette's eyes widened, ignoring the fact that she had just changed into her day-clothes from her uniform.

She was going to grab Adrien but it seemed that he didn't need the help at all. He was laughing till his cheeks hurt as Marinette splashed him with water in the face.

"You idiot! I thought you were actually drowning!" Marinette splashed him again in playful annoyance.

Adrien brushed his soaked hair back with his hand. "Well, at least I know your instincts are in tact."

"What is going on here?" Lila's smooth voice called out.

Marinette and Adrien were so loud they must have not heard her stomping heels or the barking of her precious dog.

"I accidentally shoved Adrien in the water." Marinette began wading through the water to hoist herself out of the pool.

"You could've just 'accidentally' got him into bed and it wouldn't have made a difference." Lila's lips curled. "Come on Adrien, we have to go make an appearance in the ballroom for your business partners."

"I'm sorry." Adrien mouthed, climbing out of the pool.

Marinette's heart sunk as she watched Adrien grab a towel from a passing staff member while Lila began barking away at her future husband.