Chapter 52: Le Projet

Start from the beginning

We were taking pictures with the last couple of stars when we heard a whole bunch of screams. We all turned around but it was too late. We were surrounded by Nafians. I smiled at all of them.

"Hi babes!" I said with a smile and they all screamed. They were holding out phones and we were taking selfies with as many of them as we could. I didn't want to lose Lily though, this was her day. I looked around but I couldn't see her. Then I spotted her sitting on the bench by one of the stores. My heart sunk, she didn't look sad, it was just that this was supposed to be our time with Lily and now we're taking pictures with the Nafians. We love them and all but we need our time too. I quickly made my way through the Nafians and over to her. I sat down next to her. "Sorry," I said, not sure what to say.

"It's not your fault," She says with a sad smile. "I'm not even like upset or anything I'm just sitting here," She said with a laugh causing me to laugh. After about 20 minutes the crowd dispersed and we rushed back to the car so we could get to the airport in time.

We got to the airport at 11:00 which was an hour ahead of schedule. We all followed Lily through security to the gate. We weren't going to get on the plane but we were going to wait with her. There were no more seats available so we just sat on the floor together. I laid my head down in her lap as we waited.

"Hey Nash take a picture of us," Lily says handing him her phone. We did a couple different poses. One where my head was in her lap, and a couple of us hugging and kissing each other's cheeks. "Thanks," She said as Nash handed the phone back. She sent me all the photos before she posted the one of my head in her lap on Instagram. She captioned it best friends are the best for a reason. I liked the picture immediately and commented: first like! Haha lol

Then I posted the one of us hugging each other tightly.

Caption: you're my reason

I said matching her caption. She liked it and commented: Of course I am! xoxo

With that we both laid down next to each other and the floor as we listened to music from her phone.

After thirty minutes the plane had arrived and people were getting off. 15 minutes later it was time to board, her parents hadn't bought first class so we had some time. We stood up and I handed her, her phone. She put it in her carry on before hugging all of the guys. I couldn't hold back the smile when she hugged Taylor. She turned to me and we just looked at each other for a moment before we practically jumped on top of each other in hugs.

"I will talk to you every day," I whispered into her ear.

"You better," She said back with a laugh before pulling away. She said one last goodbye to all of us before boarding the plane. I walked over and stood next to Matt leaning on his side as I watched my best friend board the plane. I knew that we had been apart before but I mean I really didn't want her to go.

M: I miss you already
L: I just saw you
M: It's not that, it's the fact that I won't see you anytime soon.
L: I know, I miss you too. Gtg they are telling us to put away electronics.
M: I love you have a safe flight.

I texted back desperately hoping she would at least see it. I smiled when I saw the read at 11:58am underneath the text.

Eventually we had to leave the airport but I made the guys stay until her plane took off. Which probably wasn't the greatest idea considering my heart broke as I watched it soar into the sky. So I did what I almost always do when I feel sad. I went on twitter.

@MaliaIDallas: I love you, have a safe flight I miss you already @lilypad293

I took a picture of her plane flying into the air and attached it. We drove back home and in comfortable silence. I wouldn't say I was depressed, I knew that Lily would be okay and that I would get to talk to her soon but I was just experiencing withdrawal at first. Just like when you leave from a really nice vacation the hardest part is leaving and then it eases up on you. That was what was happening right now. We got Chipotle before we headed home.