2

Walking up towards the front gate of the school, Guan Shan was already bombarded by Jian Yi.

"Hey, Mo! That was naughty of you yesterday." Jian Yi pouts. Zheng Xi trails behind him.

"Fuck off." Guan Shan gives him the finger and continues to walk towards the campus whilst trying to hide the lunch box he's carrying. Jian Yi and Zheng Xi follows behind him while conversing to each other, leaving Guan Shan at the front internally flipping both them off.

"There's this ramen store I want to eat at. You game for later?" Jian Yi says to Zheng Xi. "Sure. But I have to go home afterwards." Zheng Xi nodded. "Great! What about you, red?" Jian Yi puts his arm around Guan Shan's shoulders.

Red? What kind of nickname is that?

"Hell no. I don't wanna hang out with you guys. Also I have a fucking name," Guan Shan pushes Jian Yi away, dropping the lunch box in the process.

"Oops, you dropped that not me. Also, since when do you bring lunch with you?" Jian Yi smiles cheekily as Guan Shan picks it up.

"None of your business, prick. I need to ask you something." Guan Shan motions for him to come closer. Jian Yi being gullible went close to him and he received a smack on top of the head.

"Ow! That hurt!" Jian Yi ducked and covered his head while pouting, as if trying to cry.

"Hey, your friend He Tian, do you know where he is?" Guan Shan asks Jian Yi.

"Why are you finding him? You one of his fan girl now?" Jian Yi raises his brows at him, who's still on the floor squatting. Guan Shan tries to kick him and Jian Yi barely dodged it.

Jian Yi grins. "I was just joking, dumbass. But I don't know where he is. Just keep an eye for a crowd of girls. He's usual- no, he's most of the time surrounded by female students."

The occurance yesterday definitely proves that guy has a crowd fawning over him.

Guan Shan looks down at the lunch box.

If it weren't for the nagging of his mother to bring this small lunch to that bloody guy He Tian as a thanksgiving offering, he wouldn't need to find that stupid guy and humiliate himself in trying to thank him for an act he didn't ask him - or anyone for that matter - to do.

"What, you're going to give it to He Tian? Aaawww that's so sweet of you!" Jian Yi noticing the lunch box and the embarrassed look on Guan Shan's face that hints dilemma grabbed the oppurtunity to tease him. All the while Zheng Xi in the background watching the scene and smiling.

Guan Shan only flips him off.

"Good morning, He Tian!" A cheerful voice of a female echoed around them.

A tall dark figure suddenly came into view and placed its arms around Zheng Xi and Jian Yi.

"Morning, folks! What have we got going on?" He Tian greets them with a smirk.

"Mo Guan Shan right here was finding you. He probably wants to give you a small gift. Remember him, from yesterday?" Jian Yi points at Guan Shan, giggling at the mention of the supposedly small gift.

He Tian looks over at Guan Shan, observing him from head to toe making Guan Shan very uncomfortable (and pissed).

"So you're name's Mo Guan Shan?" He Tian smirks.

Guan Shan could only roll his eyes (internally). "Yeah. Here," Guan Shan hands out the lunch box to the tall boy. "My ma made it, as a peace offering. Thanks for yesterday." Guan Shan briefly says.

He Tian accepts the small (but thoughtful) gift, grinning. "Aww, how sweet, cute wrapping too." He teased, holding up the lunch box wrapped in pink fabric with cherry blossom patterns.

Guan Shan could slightly feel his cheeks warming, glaring daggers at the boy infront of him. "Anyways, I'm fucking out." Guan Shan turns to leave the trio and walks away from them.

"Come with us later, redhead!" He hears Jian Yi shout.

Guan Shan only gives him the middle finger.

Came dismissal time, Guan Shan walked out of the school campus by himself. (In a hurry, not to mention)

I'd rather not hangout with them today, Guan Shan thought. Especially with that He Tian. I'd rather not to get involved with him, he has a weird vibe.

Guan Shan felt a vibration in his pocket. He fished out his phone to see a text notification from an acquaintance.

Are you available today? We are in need of a hand. The pay would start today.

He gave his number to people that could potentially give him a job. Regardless if it's menial or part-time. For as long as he can earn money, why not.

Sure, where's the location?

Guan Shan proceeds to walk towards the place.

It was a ramen shop, he concluded, as he neared the place. From outside he could hear noises (most probably from people mingling and employees doing work). The place must be packed.

He also observed that he hasn't heard or seen this shop before.

Must be new.

"Uhm, is Go Han here?" Guan Shan asks one of the employees as he entered the shop. The employee called out for the man towards the kitchen, where a voice also replied, "What?".

"Someone's looking for you!"

"Who is it?"

"A redhead!" Guan Shan raises his brow.

The employee tells him Go Han will be out soon before leaving him alone to tend to duties.

"Ah! Mo Guan Shan, right?" A man in his early 40's emerges from the kitchen. Mo Guan Shan nods. "Thank you for taking your time to help. I hope you're not busy."

"No. I'm glad you actually contacted me, I need to earn even a little." Guan Shan replied.

"Then I'll give you a brief orientation and I shall give you your duties."

Guan Shan became the waiter. It was all going very well, besides the fact that they were all very busy with the place almost fully crowded (since it's a new shop opening), and the experience wasn't that bad.

"Woah. This place is packed like sardines in a can!" A blond youth exclaimed at the scene of the store.

"Good thing we got an available table." Another blond replied, rather timid.

"He Tian, what should we order?" Jian Yi asked the raven youth sitting in front of him.

"I'll get whatever."

"Waiter!" Jian Yi raised his arm, calling out for any waiters, but they all passed by them as they were tending to other costumers.

Jian Yi caught sight of a familiar head, but seeing the person wearing a uniform the same as with the other waiters, he called out to him.

"Excuse me, uh, redhead! Waiter!"

Guan Shan flinched.

Really, redhead? Also, why does that voice sound so annoying? Reminds me of someone.

Mo Guan Shan turns towards the person, his eyes wide open.

What the fuck?!

Jian Yi's face shocked with a mix of amazement, Zheng Xi raised his brows, quite surprised to see him, and He Tian smirking with a mischievous glint in his eyes.