That XX

A/N: We hit 2k reads!!! Ahh and almost 100 votes. This is amazing guys :') thank you!!

So, this is my first time attempting a song fic. I'm just saying it first, that this isn't really fluffy Jiyong and you kind of scenario, but more of based off the lyrics of That XX, because I've been obsessed with it lately. Especially the line "they say love is blind, oh baby you're so blind." I don't even know haha. Anyway, I suggest you listen to That XX along with this, and if you haven't searched up the lyrics, whatever happens in here kind of explains it (besides the Jiyong and you part at the end). And the "XX" in the song title is meant to be a vulgarity towards the cheater. Hope you enjoy this first try!

That XX

*Note: Italicised words are Jiyong's inner thoughts, and also the spoken words and the chorus in the actual song

"I was just on the street, and I bumped into him," you stared blankly at Jiyong, as he gripped your shoulder. You shrugged it off, frowning at him.

Yeah I saw him.

"I didn't want to believe it either, but my hunch turned out right.

I told you.

He's not wearing that ring you gave him, and there was another girl right next to him."

You nearly wanted to burst out laughing. What a joke. Your boyfriend was not the type to cheat on you. He wasn't that kind of man. Jiyong opened his mouth again, as if wanting to say more, but shut it again as he shook his head and turned away, as if he realised he's said enough.

I don't wanna hurt you.

"Ya! Kwon Jiyong, you're my best friend, why, why would you tell me these lies?" You were furious, furious and confused.

Why?

"This is a misunderstanding. You shouldn't assume. He's definitely not that kind of person," you insisted. Jiyong only stared at the ground, not responding. He usually retaliated. He looked into your eyes glistening with tears of anger.

Sure, you're right.

"I-I probably got it wrong," he stuttered after a while, before truly turning his back to you and striding off.

See, I lied for you. I'm sorry.

It was if he hated that you don't understand him. It was as if he hated all this waiting, for something that might not even happen. Jiyong was never like this, as if he was making you let go of your boyfriend.

Break it off with him.

Whenever you were sad, upset, Jiyong was there. He even told you he felt like dying when you were upset, but what happened this time? He let you be angry, he continued on his own beliefs.

That XX, what does he have that I don't? Why can't I have you? That XX doesn't love you. How much longer are you going to cry yourself silly?

"He's the greatest man I could have," you felt dazed just thinking about your boyfriend, heart ticklish as you smiled to yourself.

You look happy.

Jiyong let out a tiny laugh, looking at your smiling face. This was before he ever told you anything about your boyfriend.

I'm happy.

"I really love him, Ji," you told Jiyong animatedly countless times, "I think our love can last forever. Trust is important. I trust him completely."

I don't know what to say no more.

Back to the present. You thought about what Jiyong had said to you, leaving you in disbelief. He was not the only one who thought so, come to think of it. It seemed as though even your closest friends seemed wary.