Culpables - Chapter One

"Yo tell Oscar to sit with us."

Diana looked up from her phone, her face contorting in disgust. "Are you dumb? No!"

Manuel kissed his teeth, "girl he's cute!"

"And he gets me some good ass weed," Angel gleamed, "I'ma tell him to sit." She stood up, running towards the tall cholo. Manuel and Diana watched her dap him and begin a conversation.

"Oh hell nah," Diana shook her head, "siempre bien pasada de verga."

Manuel chuckled as Angel made their way back to the table. "Look who I found." She silently told them to go along with what she was saying. "He looked lonely so I invited him to lunch with us."

"Hey." Manuel grinned, then turned his head slowly to Diana who focused on her phone, "Diana." He whispered, "be polite. Say hi to our guest."

Her eyes trailed up slowly, her eyebrows pulling together. "It wasn't my idea." She said.

Oscar laughed, shrugging a shoulder. "I figured." He sat down in front of her, setting his white binder down on the table.

A tall blonde ran over to Angel, cupping her hands around her ear and whispering, "who's the cholo?"

"Marisol." Angel cleared her throat, "this is Oscar, he just came back from Alternative, remember?" She chuckled awkwardly, "I'm sure you remember him silly."

"I wish I didn't." Diana mumbled, playing with the straw in her strawberry milk. When Oscar looked up from his binder with a credulous smirk, she smiled sarcastically.

"So you're making new friends," Marisol walked around Oscar, to the other side of him and sat down. "I'm Marisol."

"Oscar." He sighed, standing. "Catch you later." He licked his lips and simpered at Diana. "You have yourself a good day mama."

He walked away, leaving Diana rolling her eyes to herself. "I'll have myself the most wonderful day." She muttered, sticking the straw in her mouth. Manuel and Angel glared at their friend. "What!" She snapped, setting the plastic bottle down. "You know I can't stand him and you bring him around."

"Ha." Angel scoffed, "last I checked: rejection isn't a good reason for you to hate somebody."

"Well," she shrugged, "maybe it's not a good reason Angel, but it's a reason."

"Girl you were a freshman. He was into seniors, you gotta get over it."

Diana rolled her eyes at Manuel, grabbing her backpack. "I'm going to class."

"Oh you're going to class?" Marisol lifted her head from the table, where she was pretending to be taking a nap. "I'll come along, cause like no tengo nada mejor que hacer."

Diana nodded, "orale, lets go."

It was the second to last class of the day. Both Diana and Marisol had art, the teacher was rarely in class so if they didn't skip they would sit in the back of the class and talk.

The chisme was hot that day, especially with Oscar being back. He had officially joined Los Santos after years of being pressured into taking his father's place.

"Oh great." Diana shrugged into her seat, "Oscar's here."

"What's up with you?" Marisol shook her head in discontent at her friend, then pulled a chair up next to her, earning a sapé from Diana.

"Wey que estás haciendo? Si ahí se sienta Cristian."

Marisol kissed her teeth, "oh whatever, you'll live."

"What is up with you and Angel wanting this man around you all the time?"

Marisol ignored her, waving Oscar over to the back. He did a double take as he walked through the door, just to make sure it was him the blonde girl was talking to. He rolled his eyes, but walked to the back of the classroom anyways.

"Que honda?" He nodded. "Didn't I just politely decline you guys hang out invitation in the cafeteria?"

"Once again," Diana stuck the cherry lollipop in her mouth. "Wasn't my idea."

"Once again." Oscar said, sitting down in the chair, looking at the wall with hard eyes. "I figured."

You would've thought God himself walked through the art room door with the way Diana's eyes lit up. Bur instead, her ex boyfriend Cristian walked in. "Hey." He smiled, pulling a chair up next to Diana. That caught Oscar's attention, he turned his head to see who was talking. "Hermosa." Cristian leaned over, kissing Diana's lips. "Hola, buenas tardes."

Oscar leaned his head back, already annoyed by their conversation. So he stood up and walked out, deciding to skip out on their PDA. He walked down the hallway, replaying his and Diana's small interactions in his head. Did she really want nothing to do with him or was she playing hard to get?

"Hey Spooky!"

Oscar looked up at the voice that said his name, what a coincidence that it was Diana's twin brother. "Great." He mumbled. "Another Martinez."

"How you been? Heard you just got back." He was sweaty, seemed he was taking a water break from the basketball practice going on in the gym.

"I been better homie." Oscar shrugged, watching as Mario leaned down to the water fountain and gulped, "what about yourself?"

"Good, good. Sorry homie, catch you later? Gotta get back." He pointed behind him with both of his thumbs over his shoulder, panting.

Oscar nodded, "yasta." He took a few steps when he heard a classroom door open and shut. When he turned around, Diana was behind him.