Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

   "We don't have time for petty arguments like this!"

   Dr. Solomon took the helmet of his suit off, blond colored hair fell in front of his face.

   "Átta's behavior means she's already becoming part of the hivemind! Now she'll be hostile and dangerous!" He looked toward another doctor. "Go and get another vat of hydrofluoric acid ready for her, as fast as you can,"

   "No...! She's supposed to get cured tomorrow...!" Maury finally spoke.

   Dr. Solomon let out a sigh. It was normal for Maury to get too attached to patients, even when they were sick with something life threatening. This was, by far, the hardest part of his job.

    "We can't risk her trying to attack anyone else. Besides, it'll take longer and be more difficult for her to recover after taking the antibiotics. She'd just be in pain and agony for years on end," He explained.

Maury was gritting his teeth and tears were already falling down his face. He put his head down, gasping lightly as he cried, not wanting to face anyone.

"Alright, Dr. Solomon, enough of that! You've got other patients to take care of!" Myrtle scolded.

"I know, I know," Dr. Solomon put his helmet back on. "I'm sorry, Maury, but this is just how things are..."

   Maury didn't respond; didn't even look up as Dr. Solomon walked off. Myrtle pat his back.

   "You've been working nonstop since this all started dear. You outta take a long break, or you'll end up crazy like all those other doctors from the wars!"

   Maury stood up, not facing Myrtle.

   "I need some tea or something... can you take over my rounds for me...?"

   "Of course dear! Go take a breather!"

   They went their separate ways. This wasn't something Maury would admit to, but he didn't a like Internet digging on Átta to know about her life. He saw a lot of photos of her and the little brother she always cried about in her sleep. They both looked so happy together...

   Maury swore he'd stop at nothing to make sure they'd see each other again.

————

   Because I don't give a fuck about Valentines day, here's a depressing af chapter. And even more depressing drawings of the precious kids in trouble.

(Finally got Hachi's fuckin hair and eyes right, dear satan—)