CHAPTER THIRTEEN: WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

Start from the beginning

                "look dad, i'm sorry okay? you knew i wanted to go to this party!" i said, not making my case any better. 
                "it doesn't matter lucinda, you still disobeyed me and went to that party without my permission." my dad said. 
                "you were a teenager once, don't tell me you didn't sneak out every once in awhile." 
                "that...that's not the point! the point is, you sneaked out, you blew it, and now you're grounded for a month. that means no phone, no computer, no indi and her little coven,- " 
                 i huffed. "okay, whatever."
                "keep pushing it and i'll ground you 'til you graduate." 
                i kept my mouth shut. then suddenly, this puff of smoke appeared out of nowhere and formed into a man. "dad watch out!" i cried. but my dad lost control and swerved off the road. the impact of the water almost gave me whiplash. 
                for what felt like forever, i kept trying to unbuckle my seat-belt. i even tried screaming but that obviously didn't help. i knew i was drowning, i felt the pressure of the water, and the tightness in my lungs. i couldn't move. then i felt my seat-belt release. my dad cut the seat-belt off of me with a blade. he then tried doing the same to his seat-belt, but he passed out. 
               "dad? dad! no please, dad!" i  shook him.
               i had no choice. if i stayed here, i would die. but i was afraid. i knew i had to leave my dad so i could live. i swam through the open window and swam back up to the surface. once i broke through the water and into the oxygen-filled night, i let in a huge breath. then kept swimming until i reached land. my only source of light being the several lampposts coming from the bridge. 

            "lucy!" indi called. 
            i snapped out of it. "sorry." 
            "geez, i was beginning to think you shut down inside of your own body, are you okay?"
            "i'm fine it's just, i haven't been here since that night."
            "we should start now." freddy said, preparing the ingredients for the spell. he laid an altar with a pentagram on it and took out a gold metal bowl from his backpack, placing it right in the center, and natalie took out a small tube of wood ash and a knob of garlic. 
             "where's my switchblade?" natalie asked, felling her back pocket empty.
             "right here." freddy said, taking out out from his bag and handing it to her.
             both him and natalie sat crisscross on the ground. she grabbed the switchblade and started cutting the garlic into pieces. i almost gagged, the smell of the garlic was too strong.
             "ugh god, it smells like fart, but worse." indi pinched her nose together, while raven and alex covered their noses with their hands. 
             "sorry guys." natalie giggled. 
             when natalie finished cutting, she dropped the pieces of garlic into the bowl, then freddy poured the tube of wood ash.  
              "alright, who's first?" natalie held up her switchblade towards us. 
              "well when you put it like that, you kinda sound like a serial killer." raven stepped back, feeling uneasy. 
              "oh c'mon, you'll heal in like six seconds." 
              raven rolled her eyes and hesitantly walked towards natalie, holding her arm out to her. she yelped as natalie made a quick slash on her wrist. her blood poured down into the bucket until her wound closed up. then indi did the same, then alex, and finally me. i noticed that vampire blood was a slightly darker shade than human blood. the garlic pieces were swimming in the blood and the wood ash was covered by the blood, though still visible.
              "what's next?" sahara asked.
              "now we recite the spell." freddy said. he held both his hands out to natalie and she held them. 
              "we summon the one who sired the four." they said in unison. the ingredients in the bowl started swirling eerily. "we summon the one who sired the four, we summon the one who sired the four, we summon the one who sired the four." they said it two more times, and then they stood up. 
                "he should be here any second." freddy said, "everyone get in position." 
                me, the girls, freddy, and natalie went behind separate trees, leaving sahara alone, next to the bowl. i still felt anxious leaving sahara out there in the open. the lampposts unexpectedly went out. sahara's eyes widened with surprise. the only source of light coming from her black-and-white striped sweatshirt.
                "what just happened?!" she asked aloud. 
                then, almost instantaneously, a bat flew by and above sahara, then it turned into it's normal form, twenty feet away from her. i could see none of his features, and by the looks of it, neither could sahara. all i saw was a tall dark figure in a trench coat. 
                  "i summoned you here." she said. the vampire said nothing. "all i wanna know is, why are you doing all of this?, why did you kill my friend's dad?, why did you try to kill me?" 
                   the vampire turned his head left and right, then back at sahara. "you're not alone." he said, in his disguised-demon voice. 
                   sahara seemed instantly scared at the sound of his voice. "yes i am, i'm the one who cast the spell and summoned you here, now answer my questions!" 
                   the vampire then began to pace towards sahara, so i sped over and tackled him. 
                   i turned to her with my 'vamped-out' face. "run." sahara then ran behind the bush natalie hid behind, opposite of the one i hid behind. 
                   the vampire stood up. 
                   my face went back to normal. "who are you?" i yelled. 
                   "you think you know who you're dealing with?, you don't." the vampire said.
                   "is it you, dad?" i hesitantly asked, hoping the vampire would say no. 
                   "no." he replied, "but i knew him." 
                   "why'd you kill him? what did he ever do to you?" i cried. 
                   "he had to die, he had to pay for what he did to me." 
                   "no!" i ran towards the vampire, but he shifted into bat form. indi and alex joined the fight too.
                    indi stabbed him with a branch, intending for the heart. "got'cha!"
                    "you missed." the vampire said, pulling the branch out of his chest and stabbing indi on the breast and knocking her down. alex tried to sneak attack, but the vampire caught her by the arm and threw her over the bridge.
                   "alex!" raven called, running to the bridge. she turned around and the vampire stood ten feet away from her. they both seemed to just be staring at each other until i tackled the vampire again.
                   "where's my dad's body?!" i screamed at the vampire. 
                   the vampire then punched me and sneak-attacked me from behind, pinning me against the railing. i then heard a gunshot, and the vampire releasing his grip. i turned around and saw sahara pointing a gun.
                   "that's for trying to kill me." sahara said in a sassy tone. 
                   natalia then telekinetically pulled out the wooden bullet from the vampire's back, making the vampire turn into a bat and fly away. she then placed the bloody bullet inside of a zip-lock bag. 
                  "we freaking did it." she said. she then handed the zip-lock bag to raven. "hold this, i gotta help freddy clean up." 
                  as natalie helped freddy clean up, alex walked toward us, soaking wet. 
                  "thought you saw the last of me?" she asked. 
                  "glad you're okay." I said. 
                  "great, let's go back home." sahara said.
                  as we were walking home, raven dragged along behind us. she looked at the zip-lock bag with hesitation. she walked over to the railing, and then dropped the zip-lock bag over the bridge, letting it fall into the river.