~ Chapter 1 ~ Escape ~

Vanoss's POV
I flickered my eyes open and looked around me and realized, did I shrink?? I look down to see a small feathery body with a pair of wings, at this rate I knew I wasn't human. I start to panic and try to run around but only ending up tiring myself out. I look down helpless and sit down waiting for something to come to my interest but nothing came, nothing but dead silence. I spread my wings out and check myself out twitching my head in interest, i started flapping my wings only rising a little off the ground, I guess I need more practice...
"Alright Little Guy, looks like our test was a success." A scientist said walking into the room with a folder and a pen and started writing things down. I squinted my eyes at him and backed away showing no interest in the scientist, I hooed in disapproval. "Something wrong little guy? Well doesn't matter, soon we are gonna run you up for some more tests." The science grinned evilly. He got up and left the room closing the metal door right behind him leaving me back into the dead silence. I hoo sadly thinking about the rest of life stuck as a test subject, how painful and horrible can this be? I was simply living my normal life then this happens..

1 Hour later . . .

I suddenly wake up again alarmed realizing my cage being lifted up and carried to a different room, I look around seeing a lot more cages with more animals in them, finally I'm not alone... As I'm set into a new cage with animals I slowly waddle to the corner afraid of being attacked or eyed. Once the scientist left the room all the animals stared at me tilting their heads to the side. Me being shy as always hid my head into my fathers not wanting to be looked at, I stay like this until I feel something Tap my head. I instantly shoot my head up in fear and look up to see an Eagle with Moose antlers looking down at me in curiosity. I tilt my head at it also curious, this is surely a real hybrid.
"Hello, I'm Brock, who might you be?" The eagle sat down, to my surprise I didn't think I would animals. "I'm Evan.. do you happen to know where I am?" I ask looking desperate to escape. "All I know is that we are in some lab outside the city of L.A which is here in California." Brock answered looking towards the wall which had a map on it. "They bring us here from that far??" I gasped feeling tons of anxiety enter my body. "Yeah.. where did you come from?" Brock asked looking at me again curious once again. "I'm from Canada." I look down remembering my home and family and friends who are probably looking for me. "Man that's really far away. I'm from Texas.. ( I made that up I don't know where he really is ) I've been here for almost a month now." Brock also looked down probably missing his family as well "I have a beautiful wife and daughter waiting for me at home.." Brock sighed shutting his eyes and a small tear slipped from his eye and onto his feathers. I look at him shocked seeing how much he's left behind, he's left even more than I have.. "I'm sorry to hear that.. well.. I'm gonna break us out!" I said with lots of courage in my voice and confidence in my bright yellow eyes. "It's impossible to escape.. there's high security.. and many consequences.." Brock sighed "What consequences?" I asked tilting my head to my left side "Well I had a good friend.. named Brian.. He well. Wanted to break out as well but only got caught and.. sent to death." Brock said with a soulless look. "Last thing he told me was, we're gonna escape this place no matter what, I love you Brock." Brock looked to the right blushing a little. To my surprise I caught him blushing, doesn't he have a family though..? Oh well fuck it. I try comforting him by rubbing my feathers against him. "Don't worry Brock, we are actually gonna escape, I'm gonna get you back with your family along with these other hybrids, i promise!" I lightly smile flapping my wings. "I believe you Evan." Brock's frown slowly went into a light smile. The other hybrids looked at us in interest about our plan. Before I could say anything, the metal door opened revealing a scientist enter the door with a empty cage and paper work. The hybrids started panicking and ran around our cage like crazy. "What's going on??" I asked looking around like crazy "It's a scientist who's gonna use one of us for a test don't get caught Evan!" Brock shouted running around as well. I instantly panic and go crazy along with all the hybrids. Our cage opened and a hand with a glove on entered the cage reaching for one of us, I quickly dodged the hand and ran for the corner, the hand grabbed a hamster hybrid who squeaked as they were grabbed and pulled out of the cage. Every other hybrid stopped running around and looked up at the scientist who put the hamster hybrid into the different cage and walked out with it. I notice the hybrids sigh in relief and some in tears, Brock in the other hand looked traumatized. "You okay Brock..?" I asked waddling towards him "W-What oh.. yeah.. it's just that I've been seeing this many times and well it's kinda scary.. you see when your pulled in for more test, You either succeed like me or if you become a failure, your sent to death. So far I've been a success as you can see." Brock explained pointing to his antlers with his wings. "I didn't know that.." My eyes widen in fear, I could die if I don't become a success. I feel myself tear up as my anxiety took over my body. I feel the whole world spinning around in circles until I fall and hit the ground instantly knocking out. "Evan?!" I heard a faint voice yell until I fully knocked out.