He shared a look with Scarlett. She tried to hide it but he could tell that the words of little Liv hurt her feelings a little. He flashed her a reassuring smile. Jealousy was unavoidable. He placed his hand on top of her head which made Liv look at him.

"Scarlett is here to help out." He told her.

Liv wasn't having it, "We don't need her." Liv told him, "You are here."

He wasn't going to back off as he quietly continued, "The more the merrier." He told her, ruffling her hair, "I'm going to get you two some ice-cream. A promise is a promise after all."

After giving the girls their ice-cream, he settled on the couch between them. Scarlett was getting dinner ready, humming in the kitchen when it happened. Rose loudly let them know she needed their attention. Olivia and Lily looked at him expectantly.

"I'll get it." He was actually grateful he could escape the movie, quickly making his way to the nursery to check on the little girl, "Hey, princess why are you so sad." He picked her up, kissing her little head. He then smelled it, "Guess someone needs a diaper change."

He expertly changed her diaper, after Oliva and Lily he was a pro too. Not on the same level as Kim and Noah but he was getting there. Rose made content little noises, kicking her legs and moving her arms. She was awake and happy.

"You don't want to nap some more?" He asked hopefully, picking her up again.

She was moving around a lot in his arms so he knew putting her in her bed wouldn't make her happy. He headed down the stairs with her, checking on Scarlett in the kitchen.

"She's awake already?" Scarlett asked as she stirred the tomato sauce.

"I guess her dirty diaper woke her up."

Scarlett smiled, giving the little girl a kiss on her chubby cheek, "She's the cutest."

Lucian glanced at her knowingly, "Until she'll have an opinion of her own, right?"

He knew it was mean of him to bring it up, he shouldn't have done that. Thankfully Scarlett only threw him a glare and focused back on her cooking.

"I just need to put the pasta in the pot and prepare the salad. You think the girls will get ready for dinner?"

"I'll let them know." He walked with Rose in his arms to the living room and smiled when Olivia and Lily greeted him with a smile, "You guys finished your ice-cream? It's almost time for dinner."

Lily made a face, after her ice-cream she probably wasn't in the mood for dinner. She still needed to eat a bit. She didn't protest though which was a good sign. Oliva got to her feet, her little bowl empty. She took her sister's bowl too and made her way to the kitchen.

Lily glanced at him, "Liv doesn't like your girlfriend?" She whispered.

She tried to be quiet about it yet her whispering was still very loud. He couldn't help but laugh. He was aware that Olivia wasn't a fan of Scarlett. Scarlett would be around from now on so she had to tolerate his girlfriend even if it upset her.

Liv probably needed time.

"It will be okay." He reassured the whispering girl.

Lily didn't look convinced, "If you say so uncle Lucy." She hopped off the couch, "I'm going to set the table."

It was always hilarious to him to see them behave like grownups or at least they tried from time to time. He paused the movie, not sure if they could finish it before bed. He kind of hoped dinner would run late so he didn't have to continue watching that movie.