chapter 4

Chapter 4

   Nicolette finds herself in the middle of an intersection there’s a bus heading straight for her there is no time to move except to jump straight in the air. The bus driver slams on his brakes not wanting to hit her and slides into two cars as passengers are holding on for dear life. There’s a thump sound on top of the bus  It’s Nicole who begins to slide to the end of the bus there’s no way she can hold on so Nicolette jumps off within inches of getting hit by a speeding car not watching where it’s going.

   Shots are being fired at her. She’s running for cover. She ducks behind a garage truck before running into the diner.  Nicolette runs straight into the waitress knocking down the two trays in the waitress hand saying sorry as she catches herself.  The men chasing her are not far behind. She runs to the back of the diner and is push inside this square and finds     herself  head to head with the same guy who drugged her.  He says before you say anything let me explain as Nicolette interrupts him in a loud voice.  So I guess your going to tell me why these people are chasing me and why the hell your always around just in time to send me thru some square and know I haven’t  forgotten that you drugged me and the fact that none of this stuff makes any sense as  her voice gets even louder what is really going on!!  I want answers and I want them now!!  He answers your parents.  Nicolette  says what about my parents and what they got to do with this, there in the Hamptons.  He goes on to say those aren’t your real parents  What do you mean  they aren’t my real parents Nicolette said? Your real parents died when you were a baby you were to small to remember and how do you know all of this. Your adopted parents we call guardians was brought in to protect you. the mother well the lady you call your mother is not your guardian she has disguised herself infratrated, fit in blended I get the picture but she was to take you but she didn’t realize you never made it to the hamptons so  theirs people after you because of your powers and they will not stop til they find you. The book I told you to read the Beginnings should of explained this to you.  You have great powers you are able to do far more than I am capable of doing and the book you read from the library was switch that’s why you are able to read a book in seconds the book you were going to read was dangerous it could of killed you. You must began to use your powers I may not always be here an your kinda of lucky I was there. Your welcome to stay here for a while  or a long as you can but remember what I said. Time is running out . Nicolette needed more answers but he left.

Nicolette had no idea where she was. She didn’t think going back home was safe there probably waiting for me. Nicolette started thinking about what she already knows and from there she could put the pieces together. There’s a knock on the door.