Chapter 3

"Cuuuut! Simply crazy, Gackt-san! That was unparalleled!" Keiichi almost tumbled as he jumped up from his chair behind the camera and came running up to the singer, who stood in the small tunnel cloaked in a black hooded jacket and blinked at the director.

"Do you really think so?"

He did not seem particularly confident of his acting, but Keiichi just shook his head vehemently.

"No, really. That had exactly the effect I had envisioned. Very real, the way you stalk her, and the look in your eyes.. like a predator out to get its prey."

Gackt looked at Minami - the young girl he had had to pursue in the scene, and winced imperceptibly. Minami seemed visibly frightened, even though she tried not to show it. Gackt pushed back the hood and ran his hand through his hair.

"Even if you don't want to reveal what you and Teijiro talked about, I must say that it seems to have helped you get into the role. You were simply fantastic just now."

Keiichi seemed completely euphoric and his face beamed. The director had wanted to quiz Gackt shortly before shooting began, but since the singer hadn't answered his questions, he let it be.

"You can look at the scene again. If something doesn't suit you, which I doubt, we can do it over again."

Gackt followed him to the small monitor and got down into a squat. The scene seemed even creepier than he thought. He saw Minami turn in the tunnel, looking back repeatedly in fear, and shortly thereafter his character likewise turned the corner. The camera converged on his face and captured the expression in his eyes. The animalistic desire to take the girl as his prey. A cold shiver ran down his spine as he looked into his own eyes before the scene broke off. Keiichi had not exaggerated when he said he had played the scene well, though for his taste it was almost too good. When they had discussed the scene and begun the shoot, Takegami's words occurred to him again. He shuddered and blinked several times.

"Now, are you satisfied or not?"

Keiichi's looked almost through him, and Gackt just nodded automatically.

"Yay, great! Then we're making good time. Next we can actually film the party scene with Minami. This means you can call it a day, Gackt-san. Takegami is not in the scene."

Keiichi smiled and stood up. Gackt hesitated a moment before he turned to Minami and smiled gently. The young girl still seemed to tremble and he didn't know how to interpret the feeling that spread within him. On the one hand, he was uneasy about it; on the other hand, it seemed a part of him enjoyed this feeling of power over her. The singer pulled up his jacket collar again and trotted off pensively to his trailer. The sight of the trembling Minami would not leave his mind and he sighed absentmindedly. Had Takegami been right after all in what he had said? Was he not so different from the man in the cell? Gackt opened the door to his trailer and threw his jacket on the sofa. He stretched, ran his hand through his hair, and briefly closed his eyes. That was just crazy. He was certainly not like this insane man.

Today was just a good day. He looked at the clock over the door and murmured quietly. It was still much too early for his taste to be bored in the trailer. He lumbered into the shower and turned the heat on. While the little room warmed up, he pulled his laptop out of the case and placed it on the table. Something to do would certainly occur to him once his head cleared. The singer turned around and shed his clothes on the way to the shower. As the warm water ran over his shoulders, a quiet, relieved sigh escaped him. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back and enjoyed the water falling on his face for a few seconds before he began to soap up. Sure enough, after the shower he found the inspiration to devote himself to the PC. After a blog entry, he managed to devote himself somewhat to music.