Welcome to 10th Grade

(lexie's pov) My first day of high school. Everyone was nice. I was new and didn't know what to do. I followed a guide around trying to remember everything. The guide was super nice to me and everyone else. She said her name was Monica. I introduced myself as Alexandria. She asked if she could call me Lexie. I said sure since that is what I told everyone. I was just happy I might have a friend. I would be told her secrets and she would know almost all of mine. No one but my mom and my brother ever would know the big secret.

Lunchtime, I thought happily.  Where is Monica though, I asked myself. Just as I laid eyes on her, she called me over.

"Hey Lexie, come sit with me and the girls......and boy" she called. She started to introduce them all. "This is Mary" she pointed to a tall slender brunette, who looked like she stepped out of a magazine. Then she pointed to a blonde who was wearing blue everything. Her name was Kalaliman. Then she pointed to a boy who looked vaguely familiar. As if I knew him from another world. "This is Ben". His hair was gold which reminded me of the poem"Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost. His eyes were a deep dark breathtaking blue. He was super tall and muscular. He had that runner/football player look. I shouldn't be fantasizing about him, cause he probably had a girlfriend, but either way, he was gorgeous. 

I got to math ten minutes late. Mrs. Kristall wanted to get on to me probably but realized that I was new. So even though I know that she wanted to she didn't. She said as gently as possible " you must be Lexie. Welcome. You can sit right over there in the middle of the third row."

I went to the row, dropped my stuff on the desk, and sat down. I organized all of my stuff on the desk and got out my notebook. I started taking notes like everyone else. Today was gonna be an okay day.

I got home and got my homework out and done. It wasn't due until Friday, but I always do it early. I'll turn it in tomorrow. I went to the kitchen and got out the stuff for dinner that night. I always make dinner for me, my mom, and my twin brother, Mark. By twin, I mean we looked like we were twins. If I cut my hair the way his hair is and I took off my glasses then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between us. My dad doesn't live with us anymore. That's my big secret. The identity of our father. He is a good guy and I love him. But I just want to be popular, not famous. He is the world famous Jason Aldean. Whoo-hoo, fireworks go off and everyone screams with glee. Not me. Maybe this year I'll tell everyone. I'll start with the principal tomorrow.

We told the principal about 20 minutes ago. She asked me if I wanted it to be a secret from the school or if there could be an assembly. I said it was okay if we had an assembly. She asked if I sang like my dad. I told her yes. She told me to pick a song to sing and that I will give a small performance. I said okay. Mom said, "we've never told anyone before Mrs. Green, so you might be able to tell why she is so nervous." We then left and went to the dairy queen. I ordered a  blizzard. We went home afterwards.

(Ben's pov) Lexie wasn't here today. She talked to Mrs. Green with her mom and left right after. Mrs. Green then came and got the whole school together and told us why Lexie was in her office. Lexie was Jason Aldean's daughter! She didn't want to be here when Mrs. Green told everyone. Lexie was gonna give us a performance the next day. Her friend, Monica, said that she told her first. I don't believe a word she says. Monica is a gossip girl who will make stuff up to get more attention.

(Mark's pov) I start school tomorrow. I have all the same classes as Lexie. She said that she has a friend who looks like she stepped out of a magazine.